Downtown Disney West Side is the entertainment area that makes up Downtown Disney district at Walt Disney World Resort.
As with the other areas of Downtown Disney, West Side provides dining and shopping opportunities for guests who enjoy a leisurely stroll through its charmingly lit promenade. West Side has developed over time, though, as the heart of Downtown Disney’s place for things to do throughout the day and into the wee hours of the night.
Downtown Disney West Side is generally open from 8:00 to 2:00 a.m., with specific venues having different opening and closing times. (Times may vary slightly, dependent on the day of week and time of year).
Like Downtown Disney Marketplace, West Side has a Guest Relations. Its location is near DisneyQuest. There are several forms of Guest Services throughout Downtown Disney.
Attractions and Experiences at Downtown Disney West Side
Walt Disney World identifies only one official attraction at Downtown Disney, the Characters in Flight balloon ride. The tethered balloon flight offers a bird-eye view of Downtown Disney and the surrounding area, a beautiful sight during both day- and night-time excursions.
West Side is also home to three of Walt Disney World’s more unique entertainment experiences.
- , or “Disney’s indoor interactive theme park,” is a family-friendly, gamer’s haven. It offers five floors of gaming, from classic video games to virtual opportunities to ride Pirates of the Caribbean or build your own coaster.
- Cirque du Soleil, the avante-garde circus troupe, has a permanent theatrical space at West Side. The exclusive-to-Disney show La Nouba performs year-round and features an international cast of acrobats, athletes and performance artists.
- Splitsville Luxury Lanes, the newest addition to Downtown Disney. This is a truly unique experience in itself. Live music and dancing, 30 lanes for bowling, stellar food and lots of family fun! It’s two floors of family togetherness!
But that’s not the end of Downtown Disney West Side entertainment options. AMC Downtown Disney 24 Theatres call West Side home. This AMC venue offers a Dine-In Theatre options for a movie & a meal experience as well as more traditional screens.
And the Orlando House of Blues operates at West Side. Not only does the site have a restaurant serving homey Southern food, it’s one of the areas hot spots for entertainment. Sunday offers a gospel brunch that satisfies the soul and the stomach, and fun for the whole family. But it’s the live music that takes place Thursday – Sunday that make House of Blues stand out at night.
Shopping at Downtown Disney West Side
While entertainment venues are the focus of Downtown Disney West Side, there are still several shopping options for guests who enjoy the promenade atmosphere.
Among the various stores include these highlights: D-Street, home to Vinylmation and other collectibles, and Magic Masters, the magic store where tricks and illusions are performed.
- DisneyQuest Emporium
- Disney’s Candy Cauldron
- House of Blues Company Store
- Magic Masters
- Magnetron Magnetz
- Orlando Harley Davidson
- Planet Hollywood on Location
- PoP Gallery
- Sosa Family Cigars
- Sunglass Icon
Dining at Downtown Disney West Side
With the AMC Dine-In Theatre, House of Blues and Planet Hollywood, dining can be planned as part of an overall entertainment experience of Downtown Disney West Side. Among other options, Wolfgang Puck and Bongos Cuban Café are reliable spots for non-entertainment-focused dining experiences, while many guests enjoy Wetzel’s Pretzels or the Candy Cauldron for take-along snacks.