Disney’s Port Orleans-French Quarter Resort is located in the Downtown Disney area of the Walt Disney World Resort property. It’s themed after the famous Mardi Gras celebrations we have come to enjoy. Larger than life Mardi Gras masks, jazz playing alligators, and the romantic side of the French Quarter all await you at this resort.
- Most rooms sleep up to four guests, with two queen beds in the rooms. Some rooms sleep two guests, and these consist of a king size bed.
- Room views can be standard, pool, garden or river views. The resort is fairly small, so long walks aren’t a worry.
- All rooms are equipped with a small refrigerator.
- All rooms at Port Orleans French Quarter were redecorated in 2011, so it is fairly updated.
When staying at Disney’s Port Orleans French Quarter, you will find that it is located in an excellent place. It’s a quick boat ride across the Sassagoula River to Downtown Disney! Some more things to keep in mind when planning your transportation while staying at the Port Orleans French Quarter:
- Buses that service French Quarter also service her sister resort-Port Orleans Riverside.
- During busy seasons, the wait for the buses can be longer. Keep in mind there is only one bus stop at the resort.
- Take a boat to Downtown Disney from the resort.
- You can walk to Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort from here. Good to know if you’d like to explore that resort or eat at the restaurant there.
At Disney’s Port Orleans French Quarter Resort, there is plenty to do! Surrey rides, playgrounds, a Pirate Adventure Cruise, and swimming pools are waiting for you! And the really cool things is, you can walk to Port Orleans-Riverside to enjoy their pools as well! There is only one dining location at the Port Orleans French Quarter Resort-the Sassagoula Float Works and Food Factory. This is a quick service dining restaurant, and will be one quick service credit on the Disney Dining Plan.
If you are looking for a small resort, with big charm-look no further. The Port Orleans-French Quarter Resort is for you! The beautifully landscaped grounds, newly renovated guest rooms, and close proximity to the parks will have you coming back for more!
Overall, we give this resort an “A+”.
10 thoughts on “Port Orleans French Quarter”
This resort is beautiful. The small size, the lush grounds, and the comfy rooms just make this resort perfect in my opinion. It is my favorite place to stay.
My family will be here in November! We love Port Orleans French Quarter & can’t wait to experience the Christmas celebrations!
I’ll be staying here in Oct. I can’t wait to see the resort in person after looking through photo albums of it and the grounds. Anyone have any reviews on if the water slide is worth time doing?
Favorite moderate resort!
I stayed here for my first visit and just loved it!!
One of my family’s favorite places to stay! You can’t beat the boat ride to Downtown Disney!
I personally love this resort! We always stay here when we go, and their Cafe is amazing!!
Can’t wait to stay here this year!!! 😀
This is the only resort we have ever stayed at and we love it. So relaxing and peaceful after the busy-ness of the parks, it is a wonderful retreat to return to.
I miss stay here. We loved it here so pretty and the grounds where wonderful! We where in building 1 and we got to see the fountain every morning!!!