Disney’s Contemporary Resort and Bay Lake Tower is located in the Magic Kingdom area of Walt Disney World. In fact, it is within walking distance to the Magic Kingdom. It is also a short monorail ride to and from the TTTC and EPCOT. To visit Animal Kingdom and Disney’s Hollywood Studios, you’ll take a bus from this resort. This resort is full of an ultra modern, streamlined theme with Cinderella’s Castle and Space Mountain views providing some Disney magic! Disney’s Contemporary resort has two pools-one showing off a 17 foot waterslide!
- This is a Deluxe Tier resort, making it one of the more costly options on Disney property. It also houses the Bay Lake Tower, which are DVC options at this resort.
- Rooms can accommodate up to five guests-with either two queen beds or one king size bed per room. Each guest room also has a day bed.
- For larger parties, suites are also an option at Disney’s Beach Club resort. These are Club Level rooms, sleeping anywhere from 3 to 10 guests, depending on the suite.
- Wishes can be seen from several locations of the Contemporary Resort.
The Contemporary is also home to a huge range of dining options-from Signature Dining Experiences to the ever popular Chef Mickey’s!
- Signature Dining: The California Grill is your option. This is part of the Disney Deluxe Dining and the Disney Dining Plan and will take TWO meal credits PER PERSON who dines here. Tables in Wonderland is accepted at the California Grill.
- Casual Dining: The Wave Restaurant and Chef Mickey’s, offer casual dining experiences for the whole family!
- Quick Service/Lounge Dining: The Cove Bar, The Sand Bar, Contempo Cafe, Outer Rim, California Grill Lounge, and Contemporary Grounds all offer various ways to use your Counter Service dining credits or partake in a drink and appetizer before or after dinner.
This resort is also home to the famous Fab Five character dining experience at Chef Mickey’s. The breakfast buffet is graced with appearances from classic Disney characters-Mickey, Goofy, Minnie, and others! For dinner, your favorite characters also appear, and the famous “napkin whirling” takes place-adding to the fun and energy of eating at Chef Mickey’s.
You can indulge your family in some non Disney park fun at this resort as well! There are two pools on this property. The Pirate Adventure Cruise sets sail from Disney’s Contemporary Resort, and the resort is also one that offers Movies Under the Stars-on the beach!
No matter what your party size and preference, Disney’s Contemporary Resort has something for everyone-all with convenient travel to EPCOT and Disney’s Magic Kingdom by walk or monorail. You can also hop a Disney bus to Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom parks. With fantastic views of Cinderella’s Castle, Space Mountain, Seven Seas Lagoon, and the Electrical Water Pageant, you can’t go wrong with this resort choice.
Overall, we give this Disney Deluxe Tier Resort an “A+.”
5 thoughts on “Contemporary Resort & Bay Lake Tower”
Stayed at the Contemporary and it was AWESOME! We were about 2 floors above the monorail and you didn’t hardly feel a thing, we actually thought it was pretty cool the little slight vibration/humming sound you barely hear. We had a MK view room and it was so incredible to see the Fireworks from our balcony on those nights we were just to tired to go see them live. The rooms were comfortable and well designed and the room service was top notch! If you didn’t want to go on the monorail to MK, it was literally a 10 to 15 min walk to the front gate and on a cool day, it was really Nice! We truly loved it and would definitely stay there again, soon!
Bay Lake Tower is our favorite resort to stay at on property! If you have a young daring child be sure to request a room not on the first floor though, my son was out the balcony door and on the way to swim in bay lake in no time since the first floor balconies have no railings!
We will be staying here for the first time this September and we cant wait! Im really excited about having the Magic Kingdom within walking distance
We loved Bay Lake Tower. We were in the first room on the right off of the skywalk. It was a perfect location!
We stayed at the Contemporary once. It’s location is fabulous for families with young children.