Picking your “best” time to visit Walt Disney World is, for many, less a choice or a “pick” than it is a time frame dictated by your family/travel group situation. Families with children in traditional schools nearly always must visit during vacation periods while folks like us, married with no children, pretty much have their pick of travel times.
For families with children who are home schooled your freedom of choice is greatly opened. Those with children who are in year round school have a broader selection of travel times even though they are still restricted by school commitments. Even adults have commitments that may restrict travel dates, for example, those working in the retail sector often find vacation time blacked out during the Christmas holiday season. Once you have determined the time frames you are able to go to Walt Disney World then it’s time to “pick” the best of the times available to you. Let’s take a look at the best and most difficult times to be at Walt Disney World based primarily on crowds.
- January (after Jan 1) until about President’s Week in February
- Depending on the date of Easter likely a few weeks in February and March prior to Easter week
- After Easter until Memorial Day week
- From mid August until Thanksgiving week with a slight attendance spike over the Columbus Day weekend
- After Thanksgiving week until just before Christmas week (one huge benefit here the World is in full holiday splendor)
Most Difficult Times:
- President’s Week
- Easter Week
- Memorial Day Weekend
- The summer vacation from school period
- Thanksgiving Week
- The crowd peak of crowd peaks, the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day
Depending on your tolerance for crowds and your available travel time you can base your decision on when to visit on the above since it is pretty consistent from year to year. Other things to take into consideration, though, are special events like the Flower and Garden Festival, Food and Wine Festival, Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party, and Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. Your desire to experience Walt Disney World around the Christmas Holiday season can also influence your decision and it’s a truly Magical time of year. I hope this helps you out with your decision making process. As always, enjoy your visit to Walt Disney World!!
PHOTO BY DISNEY
- Wednesday with Walt: Simplicity at Its Best (chipandco.com)
- Celebrating 40 Years of Walt Disney World: CTX Time Rover, A Warning of the Future! (imaginerding.com)
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!