Set off on a behind-the-scenes journey of the theme park followed by a VIP viewing of Rivers of Light—April 1 to May 5, 2018.
Go Wild for a Limited-Time AdventureDuring this tour, you’ll receive an insider’s glimpse at what goes into making the magic of nature come to life at the park.
- A Visit to Rafiki’s Planet Watch – Go backstage and learn about the animal care program at our state-of-the-art veterinary hospital. You’ll also get a behind-the-scenes peek at the Animal Nutrition Center—the meal prep headquarters for more than 1,500 animal residents.
- Birds Nest Exploration – Play conservationist and check on the homes of the purple martins, a species that migrates here every year.
Unforgettable Elephant Encounters – Delve into the wondrous world of our park’s largest inhabitants during a one-hour Caring for Giantstour.
- VIP Viewing of Rivers of Light – Watch the park’s newest nighttime show along the water from the comfort of a premium seat.
Schedule and Pricing
Length: Experiences are spread out throughout the day
Check-In: Tour begins at 11:00 AM; check-in at Curiosity Animal Tours Kiosk at 10:30 AM
How to Book
Reserve this tour by calling, (407) WDW-PLAY or (407) 939-7529. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.
Note: A snack option will also be provided during the day.
Know Before You Go
Be sure to review important information, including Guest restrictions, recommended attire, and cancellation policies.
- Please check in 30 minutes prior to the start of experience at the Curiosity Animal Tours kiosk, located across from the Kilimanjaro Safari entrance.
- Late arrivals may not be able to join the experience.
- Please keep in mind that this is an outdoor experience.
- Be sure to check the weather forecast and dress appropriately, including wearing comfortable shoes.
- Guests will be advised at check-in when the next check-point time will be during their experience.
- No cameras, video equipment or cell phones may be used while backstage. However, photography is allowed and encouraged in non-backstage areas.
- Guests under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a participating adult (18 years of age or older).
- Guests must be 4 years of age or older to participate.
- Itinerary, content, duration, and availability are subject to change without notice.
- You will forfeit the entire price of this experience if you no-show or cancel within 2 days of your reservation.
- For information about service animal policies for this experience, please call the Guest Animal Experience team directly at (407) 938-1487.
- Non-transferrable wheelchair guests may remain in their wheelchair throughout this experience; however, due to limited capacity onboard the backstage transport vehicle, all accommodation requests should be confirmed by calling (407) 938-1487.
- Guests using an ECV must leave their mobility device onstage where they will retrieve it upon conclusion of any backstage animal experiences. Guests must walk by themselves, or be assisted by a member(s) of their party in a courtesy wheelchair to participate in any backstage animal experiences.
- This experience visits outdoor areas containing common allergens such as dust and hay, as well as biting/stinging insects.
Photo ID required.
- Valid theme park admission is not included but is required for tour participation.
- Guest Programs and Tours itinerary, content, duration and availability are subject to change without notice.
- Waiver required.
Are you ready to start planning your magical Disney vacation? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, (designated with Platinum Earmarked status by Disney), I’ll be on hand to help with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE! Get in touch at 843-288-1130, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook. Or fill out and submit the form below.
If you are having issues seeing the form above just click here!
Latest posts by Whitney Littlejohn (see all)
- Four More Disneyland Resort Restaurants Participate in Mobile Ordering - September 26, 2018
- Is PizzeRizzo Going to Seasonal Hours? - September 26, 2018
- Halloween Fun at Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa - September 26, 2018