Of course there is! Gone are the days of Mom handing you a handwritten list of what you are allowed to bring. No more spreadsheets for each trip, detailed right down to the phone chargers. Or maybe I’m the only packing nerd here? Somehow, I doubt it. My new favorite app discovery is the packing app. In particularfor iPad/iPod Touch. However, search your phone/tablets app selection for “packing” and many options will appear.
The features of Packing Pro:
- Can set up different “Lists” for trips, great if you take the same trip annually. I have one set up for weekend trips, Disney, our annual trip to Maine.
- List can be divided by “bag” and there are preloaded suggestions.
- Thanks to iCloud, my husband can see his list without touching my Ipad.
- I’m not there yet, but you can even set up weights to make sure your bag does not exceed the limits.
- There is even a “to-do” list section for home and work of things to do prior to your trip. Great place to remind yourself to set up reservations, arrange for pet sitter, etc.
I’m often reluctant to change and accepting all the new ways of “doing things”. However, to my over-organized mind this and other packing apps are priceless! Next time you are planning your trip to Disney you can be sure to have a list of your favorite Mickey items. Autograph books, Mickey Ears, Pin Lanyards, etc. Perfect for families with older children so they can pack their own bags by looking at their own phone or tablet. So if you own the technology, embrace it. Make more time to check out Chip & Co for the fun planning of your trip!
Mickey Mom is a Disney Addict in denial, admitted packing nerd and mom to two boys. She loves to share her trip tips to others, especially in regard to traveling with little ones.
- Disney’s “Where’s My Water?” mobile game app gets “Frankenweenie” makeover (orlandosentinel.com)
- It’s a Bag’s Life: Bag Options For Disney (couponingtodisney.com)