Packing a carry on bag for your flight is actually an art, especially if your Destination is Walt Disney World. If you are flying into Orlando International Airport it is likely that you are utilizing Disney’s Magical Express service. If this is the case you said good bye to your luggage at your home airport and will not see it again until it appears in your hotel room at Disney World as if by…magic! The only problem with this scenario is that it can take up to 3 hours for your bag to be delivered and you may be anxious to get to the fun! Because of this extra element of excitement packing a Disney carry on is a little different than packing a regular carry on!
Here is what I suggest you pack for any flight.
1. Snacks (I pack snacks for both in flight and on the magical express). Hard candy and gum are great for in flight, but when you get to Orlando it is nice to have a granola bar and a bottle of water to fend of the hunger pangs!
2. One or two pieces of entertainment -I usually bring an iPad loaded with books, games, and movies and do not need to bring anything else. Kids however, may need other things. I usually go to the dollar store and buy a few new toys to unveil upon take off. The novelty of the items is usually enough to buy me a little bit of quiet!) Puzzle books, portable dvd players, and things of this nature also help when flying with children. Airlines such as JetBlue offer free TV to all passengers and this is one of the main reasons I like to fly them! Do not forget headphones! *Bonus Tip* You can load all sorts of Disney tour guides, e-books and the likes onto your tablet and study your park plans on the plane!
3. Zip Lock back with small sized sunscreen, hand sanitizer, tooth paste and tooth brush, deodorant, any medicines you may need, and any other toiletries or self care items you may need upon arrival.
4. Electronics and their chargers- make sure your camera and phone are with you and not in your checked bag. Again, do not forget headphones for in flight approved electronics!
5. Magical Express tickets and hotel and restaurant reservation information
6. A change of clothes- if you are arriving in the morning pack clothes that are appropriate for going to the park! Include clean underwear and socks. If you are arriving in the evening pack a pair of pajamas and a set of clothes for the morning…just in case!
7. Wallet including all credit cards, money, travelers checks and identification.
8. If you are renting a car or taking another form of transportation to your resort I highly suggest packing confirmation numbers for those forms of transport along with directions and telephone numbers for your hotel.
9. Keys to your house and car parked at your home airport. I never ever put my keys in my checked baggage. If the baggage is delayed or lost this could become a huge problem. Keep your keys with you!
10. Park passes- If you have purchased tickets outside of a Disney Vacation Package you likely already have them in hand. If this is the case do not forget them and do not put them in your checked bag. If you leave them at home there is nothing Disney can do to help you.
What do you like to pack in your Carry On bag? Let us know in the comment box below.
Watch our latest Youtube Videos here.