Great news this morning! D23 representatives announced the return of the historic Orange Bird character live in Adventureland before a small group of D23 members and on twitter.
In case you aren’t familiar, Orange Bird was a character who was developed specifically for Magic Kingdom Park in the 1970s. This cheerful bird originally greeted families at Sunshine Tree Terrace in Adventureland, where guests could also enjoy citrus drinks like the Citrus Swirl and buy Orange Bird gifts. At one time, the character even had his own record, which was released in 1971 to feature “The Orange Bird Song” – a tune penned by the Sherman Brothers (composers of the songs in “Mary Poppins” and “The Jungle Book”).
Beginning today, Orange Bird will return to Sunshine Tree Terrace signage and quirky drink cups, and a new line of Orange Bird merchandise has already appeared on the shelves!
Photo credit Disney Parks Blog
- Family Magic Tour at Walt Disney World (chipandco.com)
- My Top 5 Magic Kingdom Traditions (chipandco.com)
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights 2021 Begins Tonight - September 3, 2021
- First look at the new Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure line of merch coming soon! - September 3, 2021
- First look at Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure and France Pavilion Expansion - September 3, 2021