As we get older we generally find that different things become important to us. When we were younger we looked forward to the thrill of riding the biggest, best, and most exciting attractions and some of us still do (me). But, when you reach a certain age (different for everyone), you find that the more subtle things that you may have passed by in the past become a bit more important in the overall enjoyment of your visit. Let’s look at a few of these things that we grow to love as we become Official Oldies!!!
- DINING – When we were a bit younger, dining might have been a burger and fries or some like fare when we were at Walt Disney World. I’ve found that table service dining serves a few purposes as opposed to just filling your tummy (and it does that too). First – with all of the truly fine restaurants at Walt Disney World you get to experience some delicious things that you just might not try at home. Second – it gives you a chance to chat with your traveling companions in a comfortable environment rather than on a bench or hard chair. Third – very important for us Oldies, it gives a chance to rest from the excitement of the day in air conditioned comfort.
- STAGE SHOWS – Many folks pass up the stage shows at Walt Disney World to ride the “thrill” rides and we may all have been guilty of that in the past. When you take the time to see these shows you might be surprised at how good they actually are. Shows range from the hokey Country Bear Jamboree to the absolutely spectacular Cirque du Soleil, La Nouba with virtually everything in between. They become a bigger part of our visits every year.
- GOLF – I’m not a golfer but many of my fellow Oldies border on the fanatical. Walt Disney World boasts several spectacular courses that beckon to golfers everywhere. It’s a great way to get outdoors for some relaxation and that’s a good thing.
- RESORT TIME – This is another item that becomes more important every year. Walt Disney World resorts are not just hotels/motels. They are spectacularly themed and meticulously maintained, most importantly there is one that will appeal to almost anyone. We no longer find that the resort is a place to shower and sleep but an experience to be explored and enjoyed along with all of the other equally important parts of your visit to Walt Disney World. Find the one you like and spend some time there.
- ROMANTIC ACTIVITIES – NO, not that kind!!! There are so many ways to find romance at Walt Disney World from a wonderful dinner at Victoria and Albert’s to one of the many available fireworks cruises. Spending some quiet time alone with the one you love is truly a wonderful thing. It may seem odd to many people that this would be included but it’s not difficult to become a reborn romantic at Walt Disney World!!
These are just some of the tangible things; things you can see, touch, feel, and do that bring us Oldies back to Walt Disney World again and again. I’m sure that as you advance in age you will find these things more and more appealing every time you visit. As always, enjoy your visit to Walt Disney World!!
- Oldies But Goodies – Six Things Seniors MUST Do At Walt Disney World (chipandco.com)
- Oldies But Goodies – Five Things Seniors Look For In A Resort (chipandco.com)