The choice to stay on or off site is an important one and can be particularly important for us, the Oldies. There are tons of reasons for staying on site that become apparent when you compare the experience to staying off. I guess you can compare them if you stay off site first like we did – ONCE, either that or you can take my word for it. Let’s address what I feel are the six most important reasons for Seniors to vacation on Disney property.
- Safety – As we get older, particularly when people get into their mid seventies and beyond, we become less inclined to venture out on an evening stroll or other night time activity because of fear for our personal safety. Walt Disney World is perhaps one of the most violent crime free places in the United States. People of any age can be secure in going from place to place knowing that they will not be robbed, assaulted, or harassed.
- Transportation – You can get from anywhere to anywhere using Disney transportation. It’s free, easy, and convenient; it transports you virtually door to door. You may have to do a bit of pre planning but if you are having issues figuring out the best way to go from here to there just ask a Disney Cast Member, they can and will help you.
- Variety of Restaurants – You can dine in the theme parks but many of Walt Disney World’s finest restaurants are in the resort hotels. Using the transportation mentioned in #2 you have a choice of 200+ places to eat no matter what your taste. If you are staying off site you have to look for a restaurant in the phone book, figure out where it is, and drive through traffic to get there and back. Disney restaurants are particularly important to you if you have special dietary needs as many Seniors do. They can and will take care of virtually any dietary need you have, all you have to do is follow the instructions located on this website.
- Shopping (with benefits) – You can find virtually any type of Disney merchandise in existence by shopping on site at the parks, resorts, or Downtown Disney. When you make your purchase, just let the cashier know you want the item delivered to your resort before they ring it up and it’s done! (For free by the way) It will be delivered to your resort gift shop, normally within 24 hours but always allow 48 hours just in case.
- End of Day Convenience – This is a huge one for us. After you spend a long day walking, shopping, and riding attractions do you want to go to the parking lot, find your car, fight the exiting traffic, and drive to your off site hotel or would you rather let Disney do the driving and drop you off- enough said!!!
- The Magic – This one is hard to quantify but suffice it to say, you will know it when you feel it. You are surrounded by The Magic 24 hours a day and it does not become intrusive. The Magic is one of the reasons we all love Disney and having it in every moment of your experience is a real positive.
These are the top six reasons that I feel make it important for Seniors to stay on site at Walt Disney World. What are some of yours? Feel free to share them in the comments section. As always, enjoy your visit to Walt Disney World!!
Photo By Disney
- Oldies But Goodies – What Should We Expect From A Walt Disney World Vacation? (chipandco.com)
- What Makes Walt Disney World YOUR Place Of Choice? (chipandco.com)
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!