Tired of baking that banana bread during this quarantine? Why not upgrade it with this recipe from Ohana!
This Banana Foster Bread Pudding is a popular dessert from Disney’s Polynesian Resort and now you can recreate it at home with this easy recipe.
So turn on your tv, put on Lilo & Stitch and start baking!
- 8 cups of cubed Ohana pineapple bread or Challah bread
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups of milk
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 1/2 cup of corn syrup
- 1/2 cup of salted butter
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 cup of spiced rum or 2 tbsp of rum extract
- Banana slices
- Vanilla ice cream
- Toast the Ohana or challah bread in the oven at 350F for 15 minutes
- Mix the eggs, milk, salt, 1 1/2 cups of sugar and nutmeg and whisk until the sugar is dissolved
- Spread the toasted bread in a rectangle casserole dish, then pour the mixture over it. Let it stand for 10 minutes
- Bake in a preheated oven at 325F for 40-60 minutes or until the top is crunchy and custard is soft but not runny. Let it cool for 5 minutes before cutting
- Mix the corn syrup, butter, 1/2 cup of sugar and brown sugar then add to a sauce pan, once you bring it to a low boil, add the heavy cream slowly. Then add the rum and flambe (skip this if you are using the rum extract)
- Cook for 10-15 minutes or until the caramel reaches 235F. Remove from heat and add extract (if you didnt use the spiced rum before) and salt
- Cut the bread pudding and top with banana slices, caramel sauce and ice cream
And remember Ohana means family, and family means no one gets left behind or forgotten. So share this delicious snack with your family and enjoy a magical day at home.
Credit: The disney chefFor more Disney News follow us on Instagram @chipandco on Twitter @chipandcompany and on Facebook or Watch our latest Youtube Videos here.
- Disney’s Kitchen Sink Recipe! - May 26, 2020
- Perfect On The Go Combo From Wine Bar George In Disney Springs! - May 24, 2020
- Celebrate Your 2020 Grad With A Little Disney Magic! - May 23, 2020