Have you ever spent a day of your Disney vacation without visiting the parks? Have you ever planned an entire trip to Disney without stepping foot in one of the big four theme parks? The best part about Disney is if you really wanted to you could have a fabulous vacation without the amusements involved!
Here is a list of awesome things you can do at Disney without going to the parks. These are listed in no particular order, so try them all out. They are all amazing!
- Plan a day at Fort Wilderness. Fort Wilderness offers almost endless possibilities for fun. You can tour the horse barn and meet the steeds of Disney face to face. Sit on the beach and enjoy the sights and sounds of bay lake. Grab a drink and play a game of Jenga outside Crockets Tavern. Check out The Hoop Dee Doo Revue or Mickey’s Back Yard BBQ for a great dinner show. You can take a carriage ride and you can even meet up with Chip and Dale for a campfire sing a long!
- Resort Hop – Why not take the monorail around the block and check out The Grand Floridian, The Polynesian, and the Contemporary. From the Contemporary you can even add in the Wilderness Lodge by boat! Spend some time at each resort. Grab a snack or a cocktail and stroll the grounds.
- Visit Down Town Disney – The shopping is fantastic, but there is so much more you can do! Why not try out characters in flight or get tickets to see La Nouba. There is also the AMC theatres and Disneyquest which is an indoor gaming paradise! The House of Blues not only serves up some pretty good food, but they have some great concerts there as well. The times I have been we have seen They Might Be Giants and Guns and Roses on the roster of upcoming performers!
- Rent a water craft. There are several places you can do this, including The Contemporary, The Beach Club, Downtown Disney, Port Orleans, and The Polynesian. You can rent pretty much any type of water craft including Sea Raycers and Canoes.
- Hit the Spa– There are wonderful spa services at many of the Resorts, but The Grand Floridian and The Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa offer the full package. This is a fabulous way to spend and afternoon.
- Go Golfing– There are several incredible Golf Courses on Disney Property Including both beginner and more advanced options. Not up for trudging around the links all day? Try some mini golf. There are two very fun courses in Winter Summerland and Fantasia Gardens.
- Richard Petty Driving Experience – Head over to the Disney Speedway to either ride along or drive a real stock car. These cars are fast and furious so be ready. This is way faster than Test Track.
- Take a cruise – You can book a special cruise to see the Fireworks or just dine aboard a private vessel. This is a great way to get out on the water and enjoy your evening.
- Hit the Boardwalk – You will find great food, entertainment and fun on the Boardwalk. Check out the dueling pianos at Jellyrolls or enjoy the talented street performers. Play classic carnival style games or check out the fun little shops. You are sure to entertain yourself for a while here!
- Be Lazy. No matter which Disney Resort you are staying in, I promise you there is plenty to do. Talk to your concierge about happenings at the resort. Plan a day revolving around your resort. Eat at the restaurants, lay by the pool, tour the entire grounds. You will learn something new!
- Get a cab and go check out International Drive. Once there you can buy a pass on the I ride Trolley which travels up and down the road. With the pass you will be able to get on and off the trolley all day long and explore all the cool things on I Drive. Check out Discovery Cove (with reservations,) Titanic the Experience, Ripley’s Believe it or Not, or have a drink at ICEBAR. A one day pass will run you about 4 bucks. You can also find coupons for many of the activities along the way!
So tell me, what do you do on your non park days?
- Top Five Off the Beaten Path Must – Dos at Disney World. (chipandco.com)
- The Best Things in the “World” are Free (chipandco.com)
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!
One thought on “What do you do on a Non-Park Day?”
On Sunday after going to church, we ended up in Celebration. Fell in love with the Farmer’s Market they have on Sunday afternoons. We also did Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian one day.
Comments are closed.