A variety of new experiences are coming soon to Walt Disney World Resorts, from art classes to fishing excursions, to exciting swashbuckling pirate experiences and mermaid school- perfect for those seeking exciting adventures outside the parks!
Captain Hook’s Pirate Crew at Disney’s Beach Club Resort
Avast ye swabs! Reservations are now open for a new experience calling all young pirates aged 4 to 12 to answer the call and become immersed into the world of pirate feasting, treasure seeking, sailing the seas and some swashbucklin’ fun! Introducing the new Captain Hook’s Pirate Crew at Disney’s Beach Club Resort, where young guests can live out their pirate dreams, following cues to hidden treasure and even join Captain Hook’s Pirate Crew! Armed with cues, young pirates will search through the resort and set sail on a pontoon boat around Crescent Lake, in the latest sea adventure at Disney’s Beach Club Resort! Once the treasure has been found, young pirates will be invited to a celebratory Pirate feast with delicious food such as Cannon Meatballs with marinara or macaroni and “gold” sauce for entrees, along with a treasure chest treat or fruit for dessert. Captain Hook’s Pirate Crew is priced at $55 per child (plus tax); the adventures begin April 28. For more information or to book a reservation, call 407-824-KIDS.
Dreams are now coming true as guests can become part of Ariel’s world at the Mermaid School at select Walt Disney World resort hotels. Mermaids aged 4 and older can enjoy an hour-long class where they will be fitted with a magical swimmable “tail” and taught how to swim like a mermaid. The Mermaid School will be offered on selected dates at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, and Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts. Classes are $50/person (plus tax). Bookings will open mid-March through 407-WDW-PLAY.
Cabanas at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts
Reservations for the new poolside cabanas at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts are now open, where guests can soak up the Florida sun in luxury. These private hideaways are exclusive to Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts and provide an extensive list of services including:
- Padded furniture (chairs and couch)
- Dedicated Disney cast member service
- Cocktail service
- Mounted television with cable access
- Complimentary sunscreen and other skin care products
- Mini-refrigerator stocked with complimentary soda and water
- Complimentary fruit tray
- Plush towels
- Lockable cabinet
- Charging outlets for mobile devices
These new cabanas are exclusively for guests staying at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts. Reservations for half and full day rentals are now open for dates beginning March 17 through 407-WDW-PLAY.
New Art Programs
New to selected Walt Disney World resort hotels are the art master classes led by professional artists, inspiring guests to create their own masterpieces. The classes range from $35 (plus tax) to $50 (plus tax) per person, offered to ages 12 and older for most experiences.
The artful lineup will include:
- Win, Paint, Show at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- Wild About Painting, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Painting on de’ Bayou (adults), Painting by the Lagoon (kids), Disney’s Port Orleans – French Quarter Resort. NOTE: children’s painting class is $30 per person (plus tax); designed for ages 6 and older; accompanying parent required.
- Painting in the Vineyard, Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts
- Canvas and Wine Glass Painting on the Boards, Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
Bookings (select dates per resort) are available through 407-WDW-PLAY.
Love fishing? Calling seasoned sportsmen or amateur anglers, to experience guided excursions or dockside fishing in the waterways of Walt Disney World Resort, fun for guests of all ages. Why not board the 21-foot SunTracker pontoon (which carries up to five guests) or a tournament-style NITRO bass-fishing boat (for one or two participants), to explore Disney waters and see what lies beneath! Outings are typically two or four hours and are catch-and-release. The fleet has been joined by a new NITRO ZV21, operating out of the Magic Kingdom marinas. For more information or to book an excursion, guests can call 407-WDW-BASS.
Please note: Parks, attractions, entertainment or character experiences may change operating hours; close due to refurbishing, capacity, weather, special events, character availability or other reasons; and otherwise change or be discontinued without notice and without liability to the owners of the Walt Disney World Resort.
- Skip the theme parks. Violet Sake is now available in Disney Springs! - April 3, 2021
- Meet the Women Behind the Magic at Walt Disney World - March 28, 2021
- Bonjour Gift Shop reopens for business after a quick refurbishment - March 27, 2021