Yesterday, Disney filed a notice of commencement with the Orange County Comptroller hinting at changes coming to Toy Story Land. As you can see below, the address on the permit is “555 Stage Lane Bay Lake, FL 32830,” which is a backstage road at Disney’s Hollywood Studios that runs to the north and south of Toy Story Land.
A notice of commencement is filed right before work is scheduled to begin on a project. These notices last one year unless otherwise noticed. The one filed above does not have a date noted on it.
Even though the address noted on the notice is closest to the Toy Story Land. it could be tied to another project going on at the Park. Here is a list of ideas on what the notice of commencement might mean:
- Additional theming being added to one of the three rides in Toy Story Land. The company listed on notice is MAD Creative Fabrication which known for working on small, art-related projects. With this company being involved, it is most likely that new pieces might be being added to one of the rides in the Land.
- Additional shaded might be added to Toy Story Land. One of the only downsides to Toy Story Land is the lack of shade. Could a new type of shade cover be added? We will have to wait and see!
- Even though the road is closest to Toy Story Land, the permit could indicate that work is going to be done on another attraction inside of Disney’s Hollywood Studios. It’s not likely, as another address could have been used but it’s nothing to rule out at this time.
- The notice could signal some additional work being done at the Chinese Theater for Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railroad. It is possible the fabrication company might be designing something for the queue of the ride that is scheduled to open in 2019.
- The notice of commencement could be related to the ongoing construction at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. MAD Fabrication has previously done work for Star Wars along with Pixar in the past. They could be working on something for the new Star Wars Land or even the existing Launch Bay.
What do you think the notice of commencement means? I am leaning towards work at Toy Story Land due to the address listed on the permit. I hope it would be the addition of some shaded areas but think it will just be additional theming for one of the rides. We will just have to wait and see at this point!
Planning a visit to Walt Disney World? Fill out the form below, or send an email for a FREE, no obligation quote with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner. I offer rate monitoring to ensure you are receiving the best available rate offered by Disney. As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and FastPass reservations. I work with all Disney Destinations. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.954.401.9577, via email at MickeyTravelsHolly@gmail.com, or follow along on Facebook.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!