Disney and Target have teamed up to bring the magic of Disney Store to Target shoppers! Today at D23 it was announced that Disney Stores Inside Target Shops will be launching at 25 stores nationwide on October 4th, with an additional 40 locations opening by October 2020!
The collaboration encompasses experiential retail and merchandising! Guests will find an all-new, Disney focused digital experience on Target.com today. Additionally, a new Target store will open at Flamingo Crossings Town Center at the western entrance of the Walt Disney World Resort in 2021 to bring the convenience of Target shopping to Disney park guests. Target and Disney share a strong guest overlap with a focus on families.
“With a shared focus on families and unwavering commitment to our guests, we are excited to evolve our relationship with Disney to bring ease, convenience and joy to more families and fans with unique and differentiated retail experiences that can only be created through our two companies,” said Brian Cornell, chairman and chief executive officer, Target. “We believe the combination of Disney’s unmatched entertainment and storytelling with our omni-channel retail platform will create inspiring and unique experiences for our guests. This collaboration reflects the strength of our platforms and assets to create value for guests and growth for both companies beyond the traditional retail model.”
“Disney and Target share a common vision to provide our guests and consumers with innovative and unique experiences, and high quality product,” said Bob Chapek, Chairman, Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
“Our products help fans and families live the magic wherever and whenever they want,” he added. “And we know the way consumers shop for those products is changing—so we’re making the magic easier to access than ever before through this collaboration that will bring Disney store magic to Target stores.”
Disney Store at Target:
Disney and Target worked closely to co-develop and design an experience that will bring the magic of Disney store to Target guests in new and unique ways, while extending the Disney store footprint. Disney store at Target locations will be among the select places in the U.S. where guests can browse and purchase Disney store specialty merchandise from Disney, Pixar, Marvel and Star Wars.
Disney store at Target will launch just when the new assortment of merchandise from Disney’s Frozen 2 and Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker hits shelves. Additional locations will be added to more Target stores over the next year to expand the Disney store retail footprint and meet Disney fans when and where they want to shop.
Disney store at Target locations will be a Target-operated, branded “shop-in-shop” layout with an average of 750 square feet, strategically located inside Target stores adjacent to kids clothing and toys, replicated online at Target.com/Disneystore and in the Target app, available for download on iOS and Android. The “shop-in-shop” will feature an enhanced Disney assortment of more than 450 items, including more than 100 products that were previously only available at Disney retail locations.
Guests will be able to browse and shop a variety of Disney Princess, Star Wars, Marvel, Disney Junior characters, classic Disney plush, apparel, home and holiday-specific products. They’ll also be able to access collectible merchandise, including the Disney Animators’ Collection with dolls, clothing and accessories. Items will range in price from $2 – $200, with many items under $20.
Disney store at Target will offer a welcoming and engaging shopping experience for the entire family, with music, interactive displays, photo opportunities and a seating area where families can relax and watch Disney movie clips and Park events.
Guests can check out the look and feel of the new Disney digital experience on the Target site today. Disney store at Target will launch online on Oct. 4 at Target.com/Disneystore and in the Target app. The new online experience serves as a hub for the Disney stories and characters guests love, all in one place. The collection of merchandise will include an expanded assortment of new items in October, coinciding with the in-store launch. A store locator is available to help guests plan a visit to Disney store at Target and user-generated content showcases guest love for Target and Disney products.
Guests will be able to take advantage of all of the benefits of shopping at Target when they purchase items from Disney store at Target, whether online or in stores. Guests can purchase Disney products with 5% off using their Target REDcard and can take advantage of convenient pickup and delivery options, including same-day pickup, same-day delivery and free two-day shipping.
A New Target Store Near Walt Disney World Resort:
- To provide ease, convenience and value to guests visiting the Walt Disney World Resort, Target will open a new store on Disney property that will enhance the experiences of guests during their visits.
- This new Target store will open at Flamingo Crossings Town Center in 2021, located at the western entrance to the Walt Disney World Resort.
Where will the first 25 stores be? Disney Stores Inside Target Shops will open in October in the following 25 Target stores:
- Allen North #2516 (Allen, Texas)
- Austin NW #1797 (Austin, Texas)
- Bozeman #1237 (Bozeman, Mont.)
- Brighton #922 (Brighton, Mich.)
- Chicago Brickyard #1924 (Chicago, Ill.)
- Clearwater #1820 (Clearwater, Fla.)
- Denver Stapleton #2052 (Denver, Colo.)
- Edmond #1398 (Edmond, Okla.)
- Euless #1368 (Euless, Texas)
- Houston North Central #1458 (Spring, Texas)
- Jacksonville Mandarin #1300 (Jacksonville, Fla.)
- Keizer #2110 (Keizer, Ore.)
- Lake Stevens #1331 (Lake Stevens, Wash.)
- Leesburg #1874 (Leesburg, Va.)
- Loveland #1178 (Loveland, Colo.)
- Maple Grove North #2193 (Maple Grove, Minn.)
- Mobile West #1376 (Mobile, Ala.)
- Murrieta #1283 (Murrieta, Calif.)
- New Lenox #2028 (New Lenox, Ill.)
- Pasadena #1396 (Pasadena, Texas)
- Philadelphia West #2124 (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- San Jose College Park #2088 (San Jose, Calif.)
- South Jordan #2123 (South Jordan, Utah)
- Stroudsburg #1260 (Stroudsburg, Pa.)
- Waterford Park #2068 (Clarksville, Ind.)
With Disney Stores Inside Target Shops, guests will have a whole new way to experience the magic outside of the parks! Do you have a location opening near you?
- 2020 Disney Hallmark Ornaments Are Now Available Online - July 13, 2020
- Avatar Wishables And Banshee Shoulder Pets Now At Animal Kingdom - July 12, 2020
- New Black And Gold Minnie Ears Shine With Elegance - July 11, 2020