New details have been released for all the exciting things that the 23rd Annual Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival will bring us in 2016!
If you are like me and sick of the cold winter, you are excitedly anticipating the warmth of spring and the beauty of the colorful flowers and meals made with fresh fruits and vegetables. If this describes you, you might want to check out the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival at Walt Disney World this year. Previously running for 75 days, 2016 sees an expanded timeframe for the festival to 90 days, running from March 2 to May 30, 2016!
Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival’s Beautiful Garden Details
- The front entrance garden at Epcot will display not only Donald and Daisy, but also Huey, Dewey, and Louie featured from a 1943 comic book, “The Victory Garden”.
- Children will be able to play and enjoy a hands-on musical playground, Harmony Gardens. This garden playground will feature the fab 5 along with instruments for children to create music and net-based climbing structures for them to play on. This will be a great spot to let your child use up some of the extra energy that Disney excitement creates.
- The ever-popular Cars themed, Cactus Road Rally, makes a return.
- Minnie Mouse and Pluto will be featured in a Floral Sun garden located near Spaceship Earth.
- To celebrate the 100th anniversary of the National Parks Service, the Ranger Mickey topiary garden in Future World will provide Disney guests with a chance to take selfies and family photos.
- Almost 100 characters, including Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Anna and Elsa, Simba, and Peter Pan will be displayed as topiaries around Epcot.
- Flower beds and “flower towers” will cover Future World and World Showcase. There will even be 220 floating mini-gardens on the lake.
- At night the gardens will glow with twinkling lights.
- Weekend seminars at the Festival Center will give guests a hands on opportunity to work on a take home souvenir, or a chance to sit back and listen to tips from a multitude of experts.
Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival’s Delicious Food Details
I recently heard a fellow Disney Addict describe the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival as “the Food & Wine Festival only with beautiful flowers and gardens”. In true Disney World fashion, they have outdone themselves yet again with the addition of some incredible new food experiences at the Flower & Garden Festival:
- The number of Outdoor Kitchens will increase to 13 this year with the addition of 2 new ones.
- La Isla Fresca – This kitchen will feature meals such as Jerk-Spiced Grouper or Chicken with Mango Salsa, that have a Caribbean flair.
- Cider House – This kitchen will feature items such as a Field Greens Salad (greens grown in The Land Pavilion, Heirloom apples, Stilton Cheese, and Dried Blueberries). You won’t want to forget to wash it down with one of the four hard ciders offered, including locally grown Blueberry Hard Cider.
- The returning 11 Outdoor Kitchens include: Urban Farm Eats, Pineapple Promenade, Fleur de Lys, Florida Fresh, Taste of Marrakesh, Hanami, THE SMOKEHOUSE Barbecues and Brews, Primavera, Lotus House, Bauernmarkt, Jardin de Fiestas
- 2016 will see the addition of an edible flower garden located near the Land Pavilion
This year will also add some themed fun with Fun Fresh Weekends:
- April 1st -3rd: Art in the Garden
- April 8th – 10th: Family Fun Weekend including the Festival Center featuring Disney Animal Kingdom specialists focusing on bugs
- April 22nd – 24th: Earth Day Weekend
- April 29th – May 1st: Florida Fresh Weekend
General admission to Epcot grants you access to the festival. Chip and Company will continue to pass along the new details of this springtime festival as they are released. Who can’t wait to visit for the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival?
Spring is a great time to visit Walt Disney World, with the warm Florida sun and the beautiful colors all around at the Flower & Garden Festival. If you would like more information on visiting or planning a Walt Disney World vacation contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Facebook for FREE assistance. There are some great spring promotions that can help save you money on a Spring Break that your family will never forget!
Photo credit Disney Parks Blog
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.