Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and love and romance are in the air at the Walt Disney World Resort. There is a variety of offerings and memorable experiences available all month long at the resort. Valentine’s Day merchandise, special entertainment and romantic dinners for two are just a few of the experiences.
Here are some wonderful ideas to celebrate the month of love with your significant other:
1. A romantic ride on Italian Water Taxi Cruise/VIP Wine Tour – Experience the unforgettable romance of an intimate cruise aboard Venezia, the breathtaking 40-ft Italian Water Taxi. Relax and unwind with your loved one to beautiful Italian music, savor award-winning wines and feast on an array of delicious hors d’oeuvres. The BOATHOUSE’S trusted captain and crew will take you on a journey winding through waters of Lake Buena Vista and the gorgeous scenic riverway. Sweetheart Wine Tasting Cruises embark Friday. Call 407-939-2628 to make a reservation.
2. The new Ferrytale Wishes: A Fireworks Dessert Cruise – Take in a breathtaking view of the Magic Kingdom Park night time spectacular fireworks from an exclusive spot on Seven Seas Lagoon with dazzling desserts and drinks. You will sail from the Ticket & Transportation Ferryboat Dock promptly one hour prior to “Wishes” Nighttime Spectacular. Enjoy delectable desserts and toast the evening with specialty alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages in souvenir glow glasses. You can make reservations online or by calling 407-WDW-DINE.
3. The new Brunch at the Top at California Grill – Opening on February 7th is the Brunch at the Top at California Grill. Chef Brian Piasecki’s team is launching a whole new menu to showcase their fresh, market-driven cuisine. Indulge with your partner on Valentine’s Day with a glass of bubbly or wine. There’s also an over-the-top Bloody Mary Bar as well as cocktails and craft brews. Or enjoy a custom-roast French press coffee with your brunch. Make reservations online or by calling 407-WDW-DINE.
4. One galactic evening – “Symphony in the Stars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party” at Disney’s Hollywood Studios happens January 5 – March 19, with special viewing for the “Symphony in the Stars: A Galactic Spectacular” fireworks. You and your loved one can enjoy a selection of sweets as the night sky erupts with an arsenal of impressive fireworks, set to the most dramatic and memorable Star Wars themes of all time. On the menu are Star Wars-themed desserts treats, including the popular Droid and Darth Vader cupcakes and a selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. You can make reservations online or call 407-WDW-DINE.
5. Disney Springs shopping spree – The World of Disney in Disney Springs recently expanded with an additional 6,000 sq. feet of retail selling space, a new entrance, and more. Spend the day searching for some new collection merchandise to celebrate your love for your partner… and Disney! Make a stop at The Ganachery for some handcrafted sweets. Or, if you’re looking for an all-vegan treat, head to Erin McKenna Bakery NYC for some savory offerings. Disney Springs is continuing to expand and transform with all new shopping, dining, and entertainment options.
6. Minnie’s Silver Screen Dine at Hollywood & Vine – Celebrate the magic of the movies and glamour of Hollywood with an epic feast at Minnie’s Silver Screen Dine at Hollywood & Vine at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. This special character dining is hosted by Minnie and her pals. Walk the red carpet and get ready for your close-up with some of the biggest stars of the silver screen. Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy and Goofy will all be there and dressed in their designer best. Mickey will greet guests and pose with them for photographs in the midst of the glitz and glamour before escorting them into the dinner party, where guests get the chance to meet Minnie, Donald, Daisy and Goofy as they enjoy classic cuisine, themed to old Hollywood. This new dining experience runs from January 4th to March 20th, 2016. Be sure to make reservations online or by calling 407-WDW-DINE.
7. View all new acts at La Nouba at Disney Springs – La Nouba by Cirque du Soleil transforms the ordinary into the extraordinary and stimulates the imagination from beginning to end with daring acrobatics, dazzling choreography, vibrant music and whimsical characters only at Disney Springs. Recently, La Nouba introduced two new energizing acts: B-Boy, commonly referred to as breakdancing, and Aerial Bamboo, a technique mastered by only a handful of performers worldwide. These acts join the other recent additions of uproarious clowns and a breathtaking juggling rolla bolla act.
8. Sushi Bar at Morimoto Asia at Disney Springs – Morimoto Asia opened last fall in Disney Springs and it’s a one-of-a-kind dining experience from Chef Masaharu Morimoto. Treat your loved one and yourself to a special Valentine’s Day dinner that includes a four course, prix-fixe menu staring Chef Morimoto’s signature Peking Duck for two. This romantic dinner is available from Feb. 12-14. For an even more exclusive and intimate culinary experience on Feb. 14 only, it’s chef’s choice with a five-course Omakase dinner at the intimate second-level 14-seat sushi bar ($150 a person). And for other nights in February, visit Morimoto Asia’s Forbidden Lounge With a “hidden” VIP entrance along the side of the building, the Forbidden Lounge is a great place to hang, late-night, at Disney Springs. An exclusive menu is featured upstairs from 10pm to 2am and features a variety of late-night dining. Reservations for the Valentine’s Day specials are highly recommended. For reservations, call 407-939-6686 (MOTO).
9. Sunset and cocktails at the Polynesian – One of the best beaches at the Walt Disney World Resort to watch the sunset from is at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort. This Valentine’s Day sip on some champagne and strawberries against the backdrop of the Seven Seas Lagoon and the beautiful new Bora Bora Bungalows. Take a moonlit stroll along the torch-lined waterfront with your love and visit Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto, the latest addition to the newly reimagined Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort. Located off the Great Ceremonial House, the themed lounge will serve exotic drinks and small plates, while offering scenic views of the marina and Seven Seas Lagoon.
How will you be celebrating Valentine’s Day at the Walt Disney World Resort?
For more information about special events happening at Walt Disney World, or for help with booking your next magical adventure, email me at email@example.com or follow me on Facebook!