Brightline’s proposed rail expansion to Walt Disney World will cost $1.03 billion-$2.1 billion, depending on which route it takes to get there.
The Miami rail company showed off two routes for its proposed extension during the Central Florida Expressway Authority’s March 11 meeting. The Central Florida Expressway Authority is one of the parties that has required right-of-way for Brightline’s Tampa extension, which includes the Disney route.
Brightline has a deadline of July 31 to complete those negotiations to decide on which to pick.
- State Road 417: The alignment would run along State Road 417 and cost $1.03 billion. Brightline Vice President for Rail Infrastructure Michael Cegelis said that is Brightline’s preferred alignment due to the cost.
- Taft Vineland Road and State Road 528: This corridor would cost $2.1 billion. Cegelis said the SunRail connection would be harder for this one to connect to and the route affects more private properties.
Brightline’s proposal for rail service between Orlando and Tampa is to follow the company’s completion of an extension to Orlando’s airport, now under construction and more than half finished, from existing service between Miami, Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach.
We certainly expect it to be wonderful as state transportation for going to Disney World! For more information about everything coming to the Walt Disney World Resort for ‘The World’s Most Magical Celebration,’ click HERE!
Are you excited for ‘The World’s Most Magical Celebration?’ Let us know in the comments!
Check back here on Chip & Co. for the latest theme park and entertainment news updates!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Liberty Square Riverboat returns after brief refurbishment - September 3, 2021
- ‘Eternals’ Actor Kumail Nanjiani Visits Avengers Campus - September 1, 2021
- Rocket & Groot Join Disney Fab 50 Character Statues at EPCOT - September 1, 2021