New 2023 Adventures by Disney Itineraries: Sicily and the British Isles
Beginning May 2023, families can explore even more of the world when they travel with Adventures by Disney on two, brand-new itineraries to Sicily and the British Isles. Also in 2023, 11 Private Adventure vacations return, providing families and friends with the convenience of traveling with their preferred party of up to 12 guests to some of the world’s must-see destinations.
Bookings for the full lineup of 2023 Land Adventures and Private Adventures open to the public on May 13.
An Unforgettable Tour of Sicily – Ancient Sites, Local Charm and Natural Wonders
With stops at five out of the seven UNESCO World Heritage Sites found in Sicily, Disney’s brand-new eight-day, seven-night itinerary takes guests on a grand tour through Palermo, Monreale, Agrigento, Piazza Armerina, Caltagirone, Siracusa, Mount Etna and Taormina.
Families traveling on the Sicily Land Adventure will discover:
- The vibrant culture and history of the 2,000-year-old province of Palermo, with a privately guided tour of the 12th-century Monreale Cathedral; a behind-the-scenes visit to the largest theater in Italy — the Teatro Massimo — and a sampling of mouth-watering local delicacies.
- The old-world charm of a small Sicilian village, visiting artisan shops and sharing a traditional village-style lunch alongside locals.
- Ancient Greek and Roman wonders, including the famed Valley of Temples, Villa Romana del Casale, Neapolis Archaeological Park and Teatro Greco.
- Hands-on ceramic painting, a time-honored Sicilian tradition, in the town of Caltagirone.
- The art of puppetry at Teatro dei Pupi, with a private show, a backstage look at the master puppeteers at work and a rare workshop visit in which guests can customize their own puppet.
- The grandeur of Mount Etna, taking in the stunning terrain surrounding Europe’s highest active volcano by off-road vehicle.
- The beauty of Isola Bella, embarking on a privately chartered boat ride through the Ionian Sea to swim and snorkel in sparkling crystal waters and discover the blue cave of Taormina.
10 Sicily departures are available in 2023, three of which are reserved for adult guests. And get this … the Adult-Exclusive departures also feature a scenic sunset cruise around the beautiful island of Ortigia! Sounds phenomenal, right?
The Best of the British Isles – Celebrating History, Folklore and Tradition
Combining all-time guest favorites from the Adventures by Disney England, Ireland and Scotland itineraries with brand-new experiences, the 10-day, nine-night British Isles Land Adventure offers a one-of-a-kind tour through Dublin, Belfast, Antrim Coast, Glasgow, Edinburgh and London — and marks the first Adventures by Disney excursion to Northern Ireland.
- Ireland: During their two-day adventure in Dublin, guests will explore the story of the Irish people in an interactive museum experience, observe the art of crafting Irish whiskey at a local distillery and enjoy traditional fare at one of the oldest family-owned pubs in the city.
- Northern Ireland: Families will try their hand at making traditional Irish soda bread, take a panoramic tour of the famed sites of Belfast, and enjoy a scenic drive along the Antrim Coast where they will discover mythical legends, picturesque seaside villages and the geological wonders known as the basalt columns at the Giant’s Causeway.
- Scotland: After crossing the North Channel by ferry, guests will discover the celebrated heritage of the bagpipes and try their chanter-playing skills in Glasgow. A royal welcome will await in Edinburgh as families enjoy private access to the Royal Yacht Britannia; explore the historic Royal Mile; and visit the resplendent Edinburgh and Floors Castles.
- England: After a scenic train ride through the English countryside, families will arrive in London where they’ll take part in one of Britain’s famous pastimes, afternoon tea. Later, they will embark on a high-speed boat ride along the River Thames. On the final full day of the adventure, guests will visit some of the city’s must-see attractions, including a private viewing of the Royal Crown Jewels in the Tower of London and a tour of Westminster Abbey.
Nine British Isles departures are available in 2023, four of which are reserved for adult guests. Adult-Exclusive departures also include a privately guided tour through the underground vaults of Old Town Edinburgh, where guests explore the underground labyrinth filled with spine-tingling tales and mysteries.
Private Adventures Return – Even More Ways to Adventure Together
Want to travel with just your group of friends or family (of up to 12)? Then Private Adventures are for you!
We are pleased to share that Private Adventures will return in 2023 with 11 itineraries: Australia; Costa Rica; Egypt; England and France; Greece; Ireland; Italy; New Zealand; Peru; South Africa and Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia. Led by a Private Adventure Guide, these trips are designed for a smaller group of guests and offer flexible booking dates.
If you’d like to experience an Adventures by Disney trip, contact me today! I am a travel agent with Destinations to Travel and my services are complimentary.