My Disney Experience is the app for your smartphone that allows you to plan and share your vacation details at home and on the go. This app has so much information contained in it both about your vacation and about the parks and other Walt Disney World-related items. With the latest update, this app is even better and more user-friendly!
Have you updated the app yet? If not, you will want to go to the App Store (or your phone’s version of the App Store). Tap on ‘Update’ and wait for the magic to download!
Once the update is complete, open the app. The opening sequence remains the same – the fireworks eventually form a not-so-hidden Mickey! The first time you open the app after the update, an introduction to the new screen will pop up.
The new screen shows all of your pertinent vacation information in a new, streamlined way. Your upcoming vacation, complete with dates and location, are shown just under the Magic Kingdom park map. Tapping this brings the user to the screen that includes all the information about their upcoming Resort reservation.
Under the Upcoming Vacation Information on the Home Screen, the following are found:
- Shop Disney Parks Merchandise / Play Disney Parks app
- Learn More which currently contains information about Disney After Hours at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park, the 2019 EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival, Disney After Hours at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Disney H2O Glow Nights, and Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
- Park Hours
- My Plans
- Minnie Van link / Buy Memory Maker link
- My Photos
Perhaps the best thing about this update is the banner along the bottom of the app. This banner includes the following:
- Home – brings the user to the screen described above
- Map – brings the user to a map of Walt Disney World Resort
- Magnifying Glass – allows the user to a search screen
- Button with three lines – brings the user to the same screen as previously
- Plus button
The Plus button is new and allows the user to get a FastPass+, Reserve Dining, Order Food, Shop Memory Maker, and Buy Tickets and Passes.
I personally can’t wait to use the updated app on my next trip to Walt Disney World Resort! What do you think about the updates? Let me know in the comments.
Photo Credit: Disney
Are you ready to start planning your next adventure? I would love to help you! I am a travel planner with Key to the World Travel, the Official Travel Partner of Chip & Company. Key to the World Travel is an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner. Whether you want to plan a vacation to Walt Disney World Resort, Universal Orlando Resort, a cruise or a vacation at a Sandals or Beaches Resort, I can help you. Contact me today so we can get started on your vacation planning! You can call or text me at 908-773-0930 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to follow me on Facebook or fill out the form below as well. My planning services are FREE with booking!
Watch our latest Youtube Videos here.
Disclaimer - As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.