Scare away your hunger with these Monsters Inc cake jars!
Mike and Sulley are here to help you satisfy your sweet tooth with these adorable treats. They are super easy and fun to make.
So turn on Disney+ to watch “Monsters Inc” while you enjoy these delicious cake jars!
- Mini mason jars
- Vanilla cake mix (You’ll need water, oil and eggs)
- Vanilla frosting
- Food coloring in neon green, neon blue and purple
- Small pastry bag and icing tip
- Prepare cake mix following the instructions on the box
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Separate the cake mix into three bowls. Add food coloring to each one, adding the purple coloring to the smallest bowl
- Now it’s time to fill the mason jars:
- Mike: Fill the jar halfway with the green cake mix
- Sulley: Add a layer of blue cake mix, then add small drops of purple cake mix on the sides. Repeat until you reach halfway
- Place the mason jars in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes. Make sure to keep an eye on them because they can turn a bit brownish at the bottom if you leave them there for too long
- Remove cakes from the oven and let them cool off completely before frosting
- Place a dollop of white icing on top of the Mike jar then place a blue chocolate candy on top to create the eye
- For Sulley, use neon blue food coloring mixed with the frosting to make the blue icing. Transfer to the pastry bag and pipe “hairy” icing on top of the cake
- Repeat the same process for the purple icing to make the spots
Now it’s time to enjoy your Monsters Inc mason jar cakes!
Credit: Disney Family