If you’ve ever planned a Walt Disney World vacation, you know visiting the mouse is not cheap! Between airfare, park tickets, and hotel, you can end up spending thousands of dollars on your dream vacation. Once you arrive at Disney, you may also have additional expenses including food and souvenirs. Fortunately, there are several easy ways you can save money on your Disney vacation!
- Stay At A Value Resort – For many families, most of their time at Disney is spent in the parks and not at the hotel. Why pay hundreds more for a moderate or deluxe hotel when you won’t be spending much time there? Even if you do chose to spend part of the day at the resort pool, the value resorts offer great themed pools that you and your family are sure to enjoy.
- Purchase Gift Cards – If you have a membership to Sam’s Club, you may have noticed they sell Disney gift cards. These gift cards are usually sold for a few dollars less than the amount on the cards. You can use these Disney gift cards to pay for almost everything on your vacation, including park tickets, hotel, food, and souvenirs. Purchasing the discounted gift cards to pay for your vacation will save you a little bit of money.
- Drink Free Ice Water – In order to comply with Florida law, Disney will provide a cup of ice water to you at no cost. With bottled water and soft drinks costing several dollars each, drinking this free ice water at meals can save quite a bit of money throughout your vacation.
- Split Meals – The meal portions at Disney are usually rather large. If your family eats like mine, a half portion may be enough to fill them up. Splitting meals at Disney can significantly cut the cost of dining on your vacation.
- Use Disney Transportation – Disney provides free transportation to guests staying at Disney resort hotels. This service starts when you arrive at the airport. Disney’s Magical Express will transport you for free from the airport to your hotel. They will also provide free transportation to the airport for your return home. Buses provide transportation from each hotel to the parks, Downtown Disney, and anywhere else you would want to go on Disney property. Depending on which hotel you stay at, you may even have access to free transportation via monorail and ferry boat. These free transportation options can save you money by eliminating the need for a rental car if you plan on staying at Disney for your entire vacation.
- Travel During The Off-Season – Traveling to Walt Disney World during peak times such as summertime or Christmastime will cost you quite a bit more. If your schedule allows, plan a vacation during the off-season at Disney. They usually lower the costs of hotel rooms during these times in order to attract more guests to visit the parks. The off-season at Disney includes, with the exception of holidays, January – early February, late August – September, and late November – early December.
Do you have any other special tips to help save money on your Disney vacation? We would love to hear them in the comments below!
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.