We just shared the news that Major League Soccer is coming to Walt Disney World! All 26 Teams will be resuming their 2020 season at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex starting July 8th, but where will all of these players stay?
While this information wasn’t shared on the initial release we did some digging and found the information on the MLS website under their Health & Safety Protocols.
Here is the info:
In addition to the screenings and testing described above, an MLS task force has worked with leading experts to create guidelines and best practices to help reduce risk and prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Wearing face coverings/face masks;
- Social distancing;
- General hygiene (Ex. avoid touching face, washing hands frequently, avoid sharing food, bottles, towels or equipment);
- Cleaning and sanitization (disinfecting surfaces).
The Walt Disney World Resort Swan and Dolphin Hotel will be providing enhanced cleaning of all venues and enforcing appropriate capacity-management and other social distancing guidelines.
So this sounds like to me that these MLS Players will be staying at Disney’s Swan & Dolphin Resort during their return.
Recently we shared the news that the Swan & Dolphin will be closed till the end of July but according to the tournament schedule, it can run up until the middle of August. So there is a good chance we might see the closure of the Swan & Dolphin even longer than July.
In case you missed the news NBA teams will be contained to three specific hotels at Walt Disney World with nightly COVID-19 testing.
- Condiments returning to the table at Disney World Restaurants - June 16, 2021
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge is reopening on Aug. 26th - June 15, 2021
- Happily Ever After & Epcot Forever returning to Disney World this summer - June 15, 2021