Disney Channel fan favorites Mitchel Musso (Oliver on “Hannah Montana,” Jeremy on “Phineas and Ferb”) and Doc Shaw (Marcus on “The Suite Life on Deck”) will cross over to headline their own comedy adventure series, “Pair of Kings,” premiering WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 22 (8:00 p.m., ET/PT) on sibling channel Disney XD. The series follows the fraternal twins who must relocate from their Chicago home to the island of Kinkow after they learn they are the rightful heirs to the throne of this odd kingdom, one filled with peculiar superstitions and customs – and one that may not be ready for two teenage kings. Disney Channel will give Musso and Shaw a royal send off with a “Pair of Kings” hour-long special, featuring the two stars in candid interstitials, on FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 10 (9:00 p.m. ET/PT).
The multiplatform rollout is:
Friday, September 10
- Disney Channel will present an hour-long episode of “Pair of Kings” (9:00 p.m.), featuring candid interstitials with Mitchel Musso and Doc Shaw. The premiere will simulcast on Disney Mobile for Flo TV, MobiTV and Sprint TV.
- In the hour-long special, “Return of the Kings,” Brady and Boomer discover their royal legacy and move to Kinkow to reign as joint Kings of this peculiar island. During the coronation ceremony, the boys accidently destroy a sacred ruby causing the island’s volcano, Mt. Spew, to erupt. With the natives in a panic, their devious cousin, Lanny, aided by his pet fish Yamakoshi, lead the kings into the clutches of the Tarantula people.
- DisneyXD.com will unveil a “Pair of Kings” show page featuring games, videos, and a Kinkow Puzzle where island secrets are revealed at each level.
Monday, September 13
- Part one of the hour-long premiere will be made available as a free preview on iTunes.
Tuesday, September 14
- DisneyXD.com will launch a new game “Wild Island Rampage,” where players can help Boomer and Brady collect five magical Tiki statues while dodging the Tarantula People, Waka Waka bug, mummies and pirates.
Saturday, September 18
- Series’ mobile site debuts featuring “Pair of Kings Image Identifier” game.
Wednesday, September 22
- Disney XD will present the hour-long “Pair of Kings” special (7:00-8:00 p.m., ET/PT), followed by the premiere of new episode “Beach Bully Bingo” (8:00- 8:30 p.m., ET/PT).
- In “Beach Bully Bingo,” when Brady and Boomer have a run-in with a group of teen surf punks and their leader, Hibachi, they are banned from the beach. In order to win back Shredder beach, the kings must enroll in Mason’s surfing boot camp to compete against Hibachi and others.
Thursday, September 23
- “Pair of Kings” hour-long special and premiere episode launches on iTunes, Xbox Live and Disney XD Mobile VOD.
Monday September 27
- “Pair of Kings” becomes available on Disney XD on Demand on AT&T, Verizon, Charter and Cox.
“Pair of Kings” follows Brady and Boomer, who lead a typical teenage life while being raised by their aunt and uncle in Chicago, but unbeknownst to them, they’re successors to the throne of the island of Kinkow. When Mason the Royal Advisor informs the boys of their extraordinary lineage, Brady and Boomer relocate to the island to claim their throne as joint Kings. Brady and Boomer rely on their new island friends for guidance in ruling the island filled with odd superstitions and customs. Their efforts are helped and hindered by Mason, the intimidating royal guard; Mikayla, Mason’s adorable daughter and assistant to the kings; and Lanny, their disgruntled cousin and wannabe king, who’s out to sabotage them and steal the throne.
Starring are Mitchel Musso (“Hannah Montana,” “Phineas and Ferb”) as Brady, Doc Shaw (“The Suite Life on Deck,” “Tyler Perry’s House of Payne”) as Boomer, Kelsey Chow (Disney Channel’s “Den Brother,” “One Tree Hill”) as Mikayla, Ryan Ochoa (Disney’s “A Christmas Carol”) as Lanny, Geno Segers (touring production of Disney’s “The Lion King”) as Mason. Vincent Pastore (“The Sopranos”) voices the recurring role of Lanny’s fish Yamakoshi.
The series was created by and is executive-produced by Dan Cross and Dave Hoge (Disney XD’s “Aaron Stone,” “One on One”). Matt Wickline (“Frank TV,” “The Hughleys”) is the executive producer. Leo Clarke (“Frank TV,” “The Steve Harvey Show”) is the producer and Don Beck (“Reba,” “8 Simple Rules”) is the consulting producer. “Pair of Kings” is produced by It’s A Laugh Productions, Inc.
Watch our latest Youtube Videos here.
Disclaimer - As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Latest posts by Chip (see all)
- First Look: Star Wars Rise of the Resistance - December 4, 2019
- Marvel Studios Black Widow New Trailer and Poster - December 3, 2019
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge – Rise of the Resistance Dedication Ceremony Live Stream - December 2, 2019