With the exciting opening of‘Mickey: The True Original Exhibition’ opening soon, more exciting details continue to emerge. When the Exhibition opens on November 8th, there will also be True Original Exhibition Limited-Edition Merchandise as well as unique experiences from the sponsors!
Exhibition sponsors, including Google Home, Beats by Dr. Dre (Beats) and Brooklyn-based creamery Ample Hills will offer exciting experiences that bring to life interactive moments.
As part of the one-of-a-kind experience, the Mickey: The True Original Exhibition will feature Mickey’s Maker Shop, a retail store that will offer exhibition-branded merchandise, timed product drops throughout the run, select pieces from 90th anniversary ‘True Original’ capsule collections currently available at retail, and custom products personalized on-site. The shop will be open to the public; exhibition tickets are not required for entry. Highlights of the shop include:
- ‘Mickey: The True Original Exhibition’ Collection – The retail store feature a collection celebrating Mickey’s transcendent impact on popular culture and art with a diverse assortment of exhibition-themed apparel, souvenirs and stationery products. Guests will find Mickey ear hats featuring chapters in Mickey’s story and the exhibition logo, which can be customized on-site. Additionally, women’s, men’s and kid’s T-shirts and fleece, notebooks, totes, lanyards and pen sets will be available for purchase. The store will also offer high-end collectible items from exhibition artists like James Jean.
- Timed Product Releases – On select Saturday mornings from November 10 – February 10, the exhibition will release products including pin sets, Medicom Be@rbricks, and Funko collectibles. Quantities vary and will only be available while supplies last. Follow @MickeyTrueOriginal on Instagram for the latest updates on limited-edition product releases.
- ‘The True Original’ 90th Anniversary Capsule Collections – The store will feature select pieces from anniversary collections with ‘true original’ brands including rag & bone, New Era Cap, Vault by Vans, Sugarfina, TASCHEN, Polaroid, and more. Products from exhibition sponsors will also be available, including Mickey Mouse-themed accessories for Google Home devices and Mickey Mouse-branded Beats Solo3 Wireless Headphones.
- Customized Products – Inspired by Mickey’s spirit of creativity and originality, Mickey’s Maker Shop will feature a lab-like retail experience that allows guests to customize souvenirs to commemorate their visit. Using special patches and embroidery, guests will be able to personalize a variety of items including T-shirts, hats from New Era Cap and Mickey Mouse ear hats.
The Disney cast members working theExhibition will also be wearing the rag & bone X Disney Mickey Mouse collection that we saw make it’s debut earlier this week.
Mickey’s Maker Shop will be open Tuesdays through Sundays from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., and closed on Mondays. The good news is, you will not need Exhibition tickets in order to visit the shop. A limited number of items from the collection will be available for purchase on shopDisney.com when the exhibition opens on November 8.
“We can’t wait to open the doors to ‘Mickey: The True Original Exhibition’ and invite our Guests into this truly spectacular experiential world,” says Ken Potrock, President, Consumer Products Commercialization; Disney Parks, Experiences, and Consumer Products. “This is just the beginning as we create immersive experiences that bring our consumers closer to the characters, products and content they love.”
Additionally, details of official Exhibition sponsors have been revealed, including interactive moments featured throughout the experience brought to life by Google Home, Beats by Dre and Ample Hills creamery. Moments elements include:
- Google Home Element – With the help of Google Home, exhibition guests will be invited to join in a special game show with Mickey Mouse and his friends. Each player will be paired up with one of Mickey’s friends (Minnie Mouse, Goofy, Donald, Daisy) as their pal to answer trivia questions about Mickey’s adventures over the years. Fans who aren’t able to attend the exhibition can still play the game with Mickey and friends using Google Home. Just say, “Hey Google, play Mickey’s Game Show” to get started.
- Beats Solo3 Wireless Headphones Element – Following the launch of Beats Solo3 Wireless Mickey Mouse’s 90th Anniversary Edition Headphones, Beats will continue to celebrate Mickey and his influence on the artist community with integration into the Exhibition lounge. Designed by Beats, the space will showcase imagery and videos from the collaboration’s campaign featuring talent including Anne-Marie, Lil Yachty and more, shot by famed Polaroid photographer Maripol.
- Ample Hills Element – Ample Hills will stir guests’ senses with complimentary tastings from their Disney Mickey Mouse Collection of birthday cake ice cream flavors.
The Mickey: The True Original Exhibition opens November 8th in New York City, and be sure to visit Mickey’s Maker Shop to check out all of the exciting Mickey: The True Original Exhibition Limited-Edition Merchandise!
Latest posts by Danielle L (see all)
- Playful New Toy Story Pampered Chef Collection Coming Soon - May 20, 2019
- New Fairy Godmother MagicBand Exclusive From Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique - May 20, 2019
- Even More Toy Story 4 Finds At the Disney Parks - May 20, 2019