This weekend spent a nice evening with your family baking some classic Mickey Mouse Beignets from the Disneyland Resort!
This treat is fluffy, sweet and a must have when visit New Orleans Square! But since we can’t visit Disneyland right now, why not recreate them at home!
The recipe is super easy and you can even watch “The Princess and The Frog” on Disney Plus while you make them. After all, Tiana is an expert when it comes to beignets.
MICKEY MOUSE BEIGNETS
- 1/2 tsp of dry yeast
- 1/4 cup of warm water (105 degrees)
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 2 tbsp of vegetable shortening
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1 egg
- 4 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of boiling water
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Powdered sugar
- Sprinkle yeast over warm water in a small bowl, stirring to dissolve. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Combine sugar, shortening, salt, heavy cream, egg, flour and boiling water in a large bowl; stir in yeast mixture. With the dough hook attachment of an electric mixer on medium speed, mix the dough just until combined and smooth. Let the dough rest for 30 minutes.
- Roll to 1/4 inch thickness and cut individual beignets with a Mickey Mouse shaped cutter or cut into 2 1/2 to 3 inch squares. Cover with a towel and let dough rise until doubled in size in a warm, draft-free area, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Using caution, heat 3 inches of vegetable oil to 350F in a deep, heavy pot over medium-high heat. Then fry beignets until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes, turning as soon as they brown on ones side.
- Remove with tongs and place on a paper towel to drain. Dust warm beignets with powdered sugar and serve immediately.
Credit: Disney Parks
- Celebrate National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day With This Magical Recipe! - May 15, 2021
- Red Nosed Zebra From Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar! - May 14, 2021
- Share A Delicious Winnie The Pooh Apple Pie With Your Family! - May 13, 2021