This weekend spent a nice evening with your family baking some classic Mickey Mouse Beignets from the Disneyland Resort!
This treat is fluffy, sweet and a must have when visit New Orleans Square! But since we can’t visit Disneyland right now, why not recreate them at home!
The recipe is super easy and you can even watch “The Princess and The Frog” on Disney Plus while you make them. After all, Tiana is an expert when it comes to beignets.
MICKEY MOUSE BEIGNETS
- 1/2 tsp of dry yeast
- 1/4 cup of warm water (105 degrees)
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 2 tbsp of vegetable shortening
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1 egg
- 4 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of boiling water
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Powdered sugar
- Sprinkle yeast over warm water in a small bowl, stirring to dissolve. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Combine sugar, shortening, salt, heavy cream, egg, flour and boiling water in a large bowl; stir in yeast mixture. With the dough hook attachment of an electric mixer on medium speed, mix the dough just until combined and smooth. Let the dough rest for 30 minutes.
- Roll to 1/4 inch thickness and cut individual beignets with a Mickey Mouse shaped cutter or cut into 2 1/2 to 3 inch squares. Cover with a towel and let dough rise until doubled in size in a warm, draft-free area, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Using caution, heat 3 inches of vegetable oil to 350F in a deep, heavy pot over medium-high heat. Then fry beignets until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes, turning as soon as they brown on ones side.
- Remove with tongs and place on a paper towel to drain. Dust warm beignets with powdered sugar and serve immediately.
Credit: Disney Parks
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Wish Upon A Star With This Blue Fairy Popcorn Wand Recipe You Can Make At Home! - January 19, 2021
- Learn How To Make The Cutest Winnie The Pooh Pizzas At Home! - January 18, 2021
- Ghirardelli’s Ultimate Double Chocolate Cookies Recipe You Can Make At Home! - January 17, 2021