There is a new merchandise location is coming to Downtown Disney Marketplace in spring 2014. The Merchandise Co Op will occupy the space that is currently Team Mickey located next to TrenD. The shop with shops within it will showcase new and innovative Disney retail concepts. I caught up with Tom Sheldon, manager of retail design and development for Disney Theme Park Merchandise, to learn more.
“Think about your favorite marketplaces from across the US,” said Tom. “These unique shopping experiences in major cities like Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles, or New York all have something in common – they are compelling and distinct, allow visitors to connect to the environment, and foster a sense of discovery. This is our goal with the Marketplace Co Op.”
They plan on keeping the original ceiling elements, especially the skylight. The expansive space inside the current location will accommodate several shops.
At inauguration, The Marketplace Co Op’s six new spaces will be:
- Beautifully Disney – A beauty destination for women featuring make-up, fragrance and beauty accessories.
- Cherry Tree Lane – Accessories for the sophisticated woman with a passion for scarves, shoes, bags and jewelry.
- D-Tech on Demand – A place to personalize and customize your own electronic accessories.
- The Trophy Room- Vintage inspired, lifestyle sports apparel and collectibles.
- Centerpiece – Home product for Guests that want a splash of Disney in their room furnishings, textiles and everyday ware.
- Zoey and Pickles – A girls’ destination containing the latest trends and glamour for the up and coming fashionista.
Work on the new Marketplace Co Op will begin in early 2014. Keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog for more info.
Wishing you Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust