Megacon Orlando Review – Pros & Cons. Megacon Orlando 2022 has come and gone for another year, and with it comes some awesome pros and some really bad cons. We will try and reflect on our 4 days of “All Things Fandom”
Megacon bills itself: Experience one of North America’s largest Comic, Sci-Fi, Horror, Anime, and Gaming events. Four BIG days of citywide events, family-friendly attractions, and world-renowned celebrities await. Join hundreds of thousands of fans who are just like you.
What we found out is Fandom at Megacon Orlando covers it all. From Marvel, Star Wars, Disney, and DC Comics, to Cowboy Bebop and some amazing Japanese Anime. There were Cosplayers. and Wrestlers, Megastars, and Comic Creators. Plus an overabundance of crowds.
Megacon Orlando Review
We have compiled a list below of both pros and cons, but prior to reading the list, we have some major ones to point out.
Local Artists – There are some seriously talented local artists showing and selling their wares.
Parking and Traffic – Orlando Convention Center sucks. The traffic was backed up for over 2.5 hours just to park on Saturday alone.
Megacon Orlando Review
People – The cosplayers spent so much time crafting amazing costumes and the enjoyment of seeing someone stop and ask for a photo was cool.
People – Too many tickets sold. Too much going on, too pushy and shovey. Too gross, coughing and sneezing without covering up.
Here is my major issue. You pay good money to visit and enjoy a day with the family. You are basically paying to shop. Yes, there is sometimes a good panel you can see that comes with the price of the ticket, but if you want to meet the people on the panel it will cost you money for an autograph and then again for a picture with them.
For example, The Four Hobbits did a ticketed panel. Then you could stand in line and get them to sign an 8×10 that you had to pay 20 bucks for, then you had to pay over $300.00 to meet them. Get the heck out of here.
Pros: Megacon Orlando Review
- Local Artists
- Hard to find merchandise
- People are out having a good time
- Something for every Fandom
- The people running the booths are awesome to talk to
- Star Wars 501st Legion and the amazing setup.
- Loungefly bags everywhere
- Anime is getting stronger and stronger here in the US
- Ashley Eckstein is an amazing human being
- The Dapper Danielle
- Rossome Design
- Pirate Duck Tees – who had the coolest Tron Design!
Cons: Megacon Orlando Review
- Too much going on. Mixing in all the Fandoms. WWE could hold Meet and Greets that you have to pay for separately at a different location. I enjoy some wrestling, what I am trying to say is there may be too much going on.
- Orlando Convention Center Layout. The North/South building had some things we wanted to see on one side of the whole building, then you had to race through the crowds and the convention floor to see something else in another section.
- Huge Lines and people traffic jams. The aisles are way too small
- Media Check-in was super late and we missed out on a lot of good content
- $113.00 to take a picture with Gina Carano (No clue if she tells you a conspiracy theory or not)
- The food sucks
All in all, a good time was had. Until it got way too crowded for its own good. If you plan to go in the future, the mornings and Thursday are the best times. Take time to find somewhere else to eat. Enjoy the Cosplay and watch the Red Carpet where they can show off the costumes.