Marvel fans have a lot to be excited about on the big screen in the next year and now some new offerings for the small screen as well. Hulu in association with Marvel Television has announced a lineup of four new animated series coming to the streaming platform. These new adult-themed shows will be based on classic and in some cases obscure characters from the rich history of Marvel comics. They’ll also be produced by some notable Hollywood talent. The service has had success with it’s first Marvel show, Marvel’s Runaways, which is currently in its second season. Combining that with Disney’s upcoming acquisition of 20th Century Fox (who owns Hulu) and removal of Marvel films from Netflix, this announcement furthers rumors that the company has big plans for Hulu in conjunction with the imminent Disney+.
The new shows heading to Hulu will be Marvel’s Howard The Duck, Marvel’s M.O.D.O.K., Marvel’s Tigra and Dazzler Show, and Marvel’s Hit-Monkey. What’s really exciting is the announcement that these shows will all lead into a special presentation called Marvel’s The Offenders. The special will be a team-up of heroes from all four shows, and will most likely be a comical take on the Avengers and Defenders formulas. Here’s what we can expect from Marvel’s new animated roster:
- Marvel’s M.O.D.O.K. centers around an egomaniacal supervillain with a really big head and a really little body, who struggles to maintain control of his evil organization and his demanding family. Writers Jordan Blum and Patton Oswalt will also executive produce along with Jeph Loeb.
- Marvel’s Hit-Monkey tells the tale of a wronged Japanese snow monkey, mentored by the ghost of an American assassin, as he cuts a wide swath through the Tokyo underworld in this darkly cinematic and brutally funny revenge saga. Writers Josh Gordon and Will Speck will executive produce along with Jeph Loeb.
- Marvel’s Tigra & Dazzler Show is a story about two woke superheroes and best friends, Tigra and Dazzler, as they fight for recognition among powered people who make up the eight million stories in Los Angeles. Writers Erica Rivinoja and Chelsea Handler serve as executive producers along with Jeph Loeb.
- Marvel’s Howard The Duck is trapped in a world he never made, but America’s favorite fighting fowl hopes to return home with the help of his unstoppable gal pal Beverly before the evil Dr. Bong can turn him the crispiest dish on the menu. Writers Kevin Smith and Dave Willis will also executive produce along with Jeph Loeb.
- Marvel’s The Offenders, is a story in which nobody asked them to — and we’d be better off if they didn’t — but MODOK, Dazzler, Tigra, Hit-Monkey and Howard The Duck are all forced to team up in order to save the world and certain parts of the Universe. Jeph Loeb will executive produce.
Premiere dates for the shows haven’t been released. We will be sure to let you know when more information is released on these and other Disney/Marvel shows coming to Hulu and Disney+.
Photo Credit: Movie Web
Are you ready to start your next great adventure to a Disney Destination without all of the stress? Click on my photo or fill out the form below for a free no-obligation quote. I am a Travel Advisor with Key To The World Travel, the official travel partner for Chip and Company. I specialize in Disney, Universal, cruises and more. My services are FREE to my clients. Contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, on Facebook or by filling out the form below.