Mark Hamill Confirms He Had Cameos In ‘The Mandalorian’ and Every Star Wars Movie Excluding the Prequels. Star Wars fans are having their minds blown up like Alderaan after it was revealed that Mark Hamill has played several characters in the Star Wars franchise other than Luke Skywalker.
Mark has had a wildly successful career as both a live-action actor and voice actor on an impressive amount of titles including films, television and video games, but most fans knew him first as Luke Skywalker in the Star Wars franchise. Though the news isn’t really “new,” Hamill drew attention to his cameos after it was shared that he voiced a character in The Mandalorian and went nearly 7-months before anyone outside of production found out!
Mark confirmed the news via Twitter as well as sharing one of his pseudonyms when recording smaller voice acting roles named “Patrick Williams”, sharing: “Now that [The Mandalorian] secret is out-might as well reveal I am vocally represented in ALL SW films except the Prequels. Thanks to [Matthew Wood] for using me in Rogue One, Solo & the Sequels, so I DO have lines in [Episode VII]. Hint: Look for parts played by Patrick Williams. [True Story]”
Now that @themandalorian secret is out-might as well reveal I am vocally represented in ALL SW films except the Prequels. Thanks to @matthewood for using me in Rogue One, Solo & the Sequels, so I DO have lines in #EpVII. Hint: Look for parts played by Patrick Williams.#TrueStory https://t.co/kRQlo7uub8
— Mark Hamill (@HamillHimself) June 20, 2020
Some of Mark Hamill‘s known Star Wars cameos include:
- Darth Bane in Star Wars: The Clone Wars
- Dabofkya, the drunk alien in The Last Jedi that deposits gold coins into BB-8 at the Casino
- Boolio, the Ovissian resistance spy seen at the beginning of The Rise of Skywalker
- EV-9D9 bartending droid in The Mandalorian Season 1
Mark claims he also appeared in other voice acting roles in other Star Wars titles such as Solo: A Star Wars Story, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, and all three Star Wars Sequels.
Did you know Mark played other characters besides Luke in the Star Wars franchise? What other roles do you think Hamill secretly played in the Star Wars films? We would love to hear your thoughts in the comments.
Be sure to check back here at Chip and Co. for all things Star Wars!
Featured Photo Credit: Lucasfilm/Rya/Invision/AP/REX/Shutterstock
Source: Mark Hamill/Twitter
- David Beckham to Lead New Disney+ Series ‘Save Our Squad’ - April 14, 2021
- Children Auditions Available for ‘Bedknobs and Broomsticks: The Magical Musical’ - April 14, 2021
- Marvel Fans Are Calling for Sebastian Stan to Earn an Emmy for his Performance in Episode 4 of ‘The Falcon and the Winter Soldier’ - April 13, 2021