D23 is celebrating the upcoming release of the highly anticipated “Maleficent” in the summer issue of Disney twenty-three. Angelina Jolie and the creative take you behind the scenes of the tale of Disney’s most iconic villains.
“I was afraid of her, and I loved her,” Jolie confesses in the cover story. You get an in-depth look by animation historian Charles Solomon at the development of Walt Disney’s 1959 creative masterpiece, Sleeping Beauty, with rarely seen concept art and drawings.
Disney twenty-three’s Summer issue, available exclusively to Gold Members of D23, also includes a behind-the-engine look at Walt Disney World’s newest theme park attraction, the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, featuring striking images and interviews with the team responsible for creating the experience, which is based on the world’s first animated feature.
Also included in the Summer issue of Disney twenty-three:
- Star Wars 101: A fascinating look at the creation of the landmark films—and what’s to come
- Disney Villains: The comprehensive list—from the mild to the wild—of Disney’s best baddies
- A tour of Walt Disney’s Hollywood, with rarely seen photos and stories about his favorite spots
- A behind-the-scenes look at Dusty Crophopper’s latest thrilling adventure in the new Planes: Fire & Rescue
- Regular columns including A Walk with Walt, PHOTOfiles, D Society, and more
Other features coming to D23.com include:
- A deeper journey into a galaxy far, far away with Star Wars mega fan Steve Sansweet
- The story behind Marvel’s selection of one of its lesser-known comic stories—Guardians of the Galaxy—to become its next mega-feature
- A virtual map of Walt Disney’s Los Angeles with rarely seen photos
The magazine will start arriving mid-May.
Wishing you Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust