Add some Halloween decor to your home with this BB-8 pumpkin!
With his round shape and orange details, it’s easy to imagine BB-8 as a jack-o’-lantern that inspires smiles instead of scares. Plus is super easy to make! Take a look at this fun DIY:
- 2 pumpkins (large and small)
- Pumpkin carving kit
- Painter’s tape (large, medium and small rolls)
- Paint brush
- Fine grain sand paper
- Acrylic paints (black, white and orange)
- Paint pen
- Small round object (styrofoam craft glitter ball painted black)
- Large round object (half of a clear plastic ornament found at a craft store)
- 2 plastic coffee stirring straws
- Ballpoint pen
- Translucent silver pen
- Use a large roll of painter’s tape to trace a circle at the top of the small pumpkin. Then carve our the circle, remove and clean out the pumpkin using a pumpkin carving kit.
- Using a smaller roll of painter’s tape, trace 2 circles on the front of the small pumpkin and carve out.
- Prepare the pumpkins for painting by sanding them lightly.
- Paint them with white paint and let them dry.
- In the meantime, cut out BB-8 reference patterns. Use a T-pin to set the template into place and trace using a ballpoint pen.
- Paint according to the patterns. Repeat pattern painting until all of BB-8’s details are on the pumpkin. Use a ballpoint pen/silver pen for details.
- Paint the inside of the small pumpkin black.
- Attach painter’s tape around the outside edge of the clear ornament and paint edge black. Once dry, remove tape and insert into large opening.
- Insert black styrofoam ball into small opening.
- Sand coffee straws to prep for paint. Paint them white and attach at the top of the small pumpkin.
- For an added detail, add rhinestones to corners of gray patterns.
You can also watch the video tutorial showing you how to create your BB-8 pumpkin step by step:
Now BB-8 is ready for his Halloween mission!
Credit: Disney Family
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Wonders Of The Lodge Tour At Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Has Been Discontinued - October 19, 2020
- Disney Cosmetologists Share Halloween Mask Friendly Makeup Tips! - October 19, 2020
- All New Pottery Barn Disney Thanksgiving Collection! - October 16, 2020