As we all know, it can be a struggle to come up with meal ideas that are not only healthy but ones that the kids will love. I am absolutely smitten over these adorable Winnie the Pooh Veggie Sliders and my kids have already asked for them after seeing the pictures! You can even make tasty carrot fries to go with them.
Take a look at the recipe. This creates 8 servings.
- 4 Cups store-bought carrot sticks
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/8 Tsp salt
- 1/2 Tsp black pepper
- 1 15-ounce can white beans, drained
- 1/3 Cup red bell peppers, finely diced
- 1/3 Cup carrots, grated 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 Cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 3/4 Tsp onion powder
- 1/4 Tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 Tsp black pepper
- Non-stick vegetable oil spray
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 12 whole wheat slider buns or dinner rolls, cut in half horizontally
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 9 Tbsps Simply HEINZ Ketchup or HEINZ Ketchup Sweetened with Honey
- 4 large black olives
- food brush, 1” round cutter or small water bottle cap, kitchen scissors
Helpful Tip: All baking should be done by an adult. Also, we recommend a serving size of 1 slider and a 1/2 cup of Carrot Fries per person.
- Make the Carrot Fries: Preheat the oven to 425° F. Place the carrot sticks on a large baking sheet, then drizzle them with olive oil. Gently toss the sticks until they are evenly coated with oil. Spread them out in 1 even layer. Bake them for 20-25 minutes until they’re golden brown. Sprinkle them with salt and pepper just before serving.
- Make the Veggie Patties: Preheat the oven to 375° F. Place the drained beans in a mixing bowl, then use the back of a fork to roughly mash them. Add the red bell peppers, carrots, egg, breadcrumbs, onion powder, garlic powder, and black pepper. Mix them all together until everything is just incorporated.
- Cook the Veggie Patties: Prep a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray a 1/4 measuring cup with non-stick spray. Measure out 1/4 cup of the veggie patty mixture, placing the scoops on the baking sheet. Repeat this process to make 8 scoops of veggie patty mix, placing each 2” apart. Spray the bottom of the same measuring cup with non-stick spray. Flatten each scoop of patty mix to 3” round. Then brush the tops of the patties with olive oil. Bake for 15-18 minutes. Remove them from the oven and set aside.
- Make Pooh’s Ears: Use the extra 4 buns to create Pooh’s ears. For best results, use the flat, bottom side. Flatten them using a rolling pin, then cut out rounds using the 1” cutter. Cut 2 slits on either side of your buns. Slide the ears in.
- Create Pooh’s Face: Use a straw, knife, and/or scissors to cut the olives. Add a dab of Simply HEINZ Ketchup, and attach them to the buns.
- Assemble the Sliders: Place the bottom buns on a work surface, then top each with a lettuce leaf, a cooked veggie patty, and a dollop of ketchup. For an extra seal of approval from Winnie the Pooh, swap for HEINZ Ketchup Sweetened with Honey—it has the delicious HEINZ taste, but is made with real ingredients and naturally sweetened with only honey.
- To finish off the sliders, add the decorated top buns. Then enjoy with the Carrot Fries!
Dinner is served!
Would you like some help planning the perfect Disney vacation? As an agent with MickeyTravels, a Platinum level Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, I can not only help you find the perfect vacation package at Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, Aulani or Adventures by Disney, I can also help with the details afterwards such as dining reservations, FastPass selections, shore excursions and more. My detailed itineraries and touring plans ensure that your vacation is absolutely perfect. Best of all, my service are 100% FREE! Contact me today to book your dream Disney vacation! 1.803.290.7334 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Images Copyright: Disney Family