As the weather starts to heat up here in California, we sure could all go for a refreshing Mint Julep right about now. Normally, summertime in the parks means a stop at Disneyland’s famous Mint Julep Bar. There’s nothing better or more refreshing than this delightful beverage. However, with the park being closed, acquiring this Disneyland staple is almost impossible. Not to worry, because we have a Disneyland Mint Julep recipe for you to enjoy at home!
Here’s the ingredients you’ll need for your very own Mint Julep:
- 3 Cups of Sugar
- 8 Cups of Water
- 1 Cup of Creme de Menthe Syrup
- 1/3 Cup of Frozen Lemonade Concentrate
- 1/3 Cup of Frozen Limeade Concentrate
- Green Food Coloring (a few drops, optional)
- Bourbon (optional)
- Lemon Wedges
- Mint Sprigs
- Maraschino Cherries
- In a large saucepan, mix sugar and water. Bring to a boil by stirring occasionally.
- Cool mixture for 5 minutes, then pour into large pitcher.
- Add creme de menthe syrup, lemon and limeade concentrates, and a few drops of green food coloring. Then stir to mix.
- Refrigerate until liquid is completely cooled.
- Pour liquid into glass over ice. Add lemon wedges, mint springs, and maraschino cherry garnish.
- Add 1 shot of bourbon to each glass (optional).
There you have it! Just in time for summertime, a delicious Mint Julep. Until Disneyland opens its gates again, we’re definitely making a couple batches ourselves.
If you happen to make your own Disneyland Mint Julep at home, make sure you post your picture and tag @ChipandCo on Instagram.
- Disney World Annual Passholders have a few days left to cancel - August 9, 2020
- Tom Hanks In Talks to Play Geppetto in Disney’s Live Action Pinocchio - August 5, 2020
- Plan Disney Panel replaces the Disney Parks Moms Panel - August 5, 2020