This Fantastmic Mickey Punch is both magical and delicious!
With the news that Fantasmic will be returning on May 28, we decided to share a recipe of a refreshing drink to hold you up until the big day. It features beautiful colors like blue and pink and a cute little Mickey garnish. To make it even better, if you add the edible glitter and mix it, you will end up with a magical purple drink.
So follow this recipe from D23 and have fun!:
FANTASMIC MICKEY PUNCH
- 52oz jug of lemonade
- 2 cups of strawberries
- 2 tbsp of butterfly pea tea flowers
- 6 round strawberries (for garnish)
- 1 tsp of edible glitter (optional)
- Boil about 4 cups of water in a kettle or saucepan. Add the butterfly pea tea flowers and brew for 5 minutes. Strain to remove the tea flowers and set aside to cool.
- In a blender or food processor, blend the 2 cups of strawberries until smooth. Strain the mixture to remove the seeds and any large pieces of pulp.
- Add the strawberry puree to the lemonade and mix until combined.
- If desired, add the edible glitter and again mix until combined.
- Fill 6 glasses with ice. Pour the strawberry lemonade, leaving about an inch of space at the top of each glass.
- Top each glass with the blue butterfly pea tea. In order to create a clean separation of the liquids, pour the tea onto a spoon held over the glass, instead of directly into the glass itself.
- To create the Mickey shaped garnish, slice each of the remaining strawberries into 1cm wide round slices. Use a toothpick to attach two smaller slices onto a larger slice, creating the Mickey Mouse silhouette. Place one on the rim of each glass.
- To see the magical color change, stir each glass to combine the lemonade and the tea, creating a vibrant violet color!
Enjoy your Fantasmic Mickey punch!