Presently the Magic Kingdom is under a Phase B Closure due to the Holiday Crowds.
We’re experiencing a busy day at the Walt Disney World Resort. We invite you to visit Animal Kingdom Theme Park, Epcot and Hollywood Studios, while Magic Kingdom Park is not admitting new Guests at this time. You can also check availability at 407-560-5000. Thank you! -Zoey
— Walt Disney World Guest Service (@WDWGuestService) December 31, 2019
This is the first capacity closure of the 2019 holiday season at Walt Disney World.
Wait times for rides like Space Mountain & Seven Dwarf Mine Train are over 200 minutes.
MAGIC KINGDOM: We're flying over Disney to check out the crowds at the parks.
Posted by WESH 2 News on Tuesday, December 31, 2019
In case you were wondering we have the breakdown of what to expect with a Phase B Closure at Walt Disney World:
Phase B: If Phase A has been implemented and crowd levels are still high, Disney may go to Phase B. This means that walk-ups will still be turned away as well as those staying off-site with single-day ticket. Guests hopping parks will also not be allowed in unless they meet the following criteria:
- Guest of a Walt Disney World Resort (including Swan, Dolphin and Shades of Green)
- Those staying at Select Good Neighbor Hotels
- Residents of Golden Oak
- Walt Disney World Annual and Premium Passholders or Premier Passholders
- Guests with Advanced Dining Reservations including dessert parties.
- Guests to Magic Kingdom with appointments at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, The Pirates League and Harmony Barber Shop
- Guests who purchased Memory Maker
There is no word on when Phase B will be lifted but I expect we might see it go higher later in the afternoon.
In case you missed our post earlier the lines for getting into the Magic Kingdom were backed up for miles.
Follow Chip and Co on Instagram @chipandco or on Twitter @chipandcompany
Watch our latest Youtube Videos here.
Disclaimer - As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Latest posts by Chip (see all)
- New Secret Life of Pets Ride Opening Soon at Universal Studios Hollywood - February 21, 2020
- Annual Passholders Exclusive for Indiana Jones Adventure Coming Soon - February 21, 2020
- Look Your Best While Sampling the Best at the Food & Wine Festival - February 20, 2020