Upgrade your regular mac and cheese with this delicious Mac and Cheese Cone recipe from Disneyland!
This magical treat is a popular snack option when you visit Disney California Adventure, more specifically, Cars Land. So if your are craving something warm and cheesy, the Cozy Cone Motel is the place to go! This dining location has the most delicious mac and cheese cones in all of California.
You can even upgrade your cone by adding toppings like Flamin’ Hot Cheetos, truffle infused flavors or chile con queso! It’s your mouth watering yet? Because ours sure is! But don’t worry, you don’t have to wait until you visit Disneyland to get your hands on one of these delicious treats because you can make them at home! Take a look at the recipe:
MAC AND CHEESE CONE
- 1 pound of elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup of butter
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup of cream cheese
- Pepper, to taste
- 6 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Cooking Spray
- 1 tbsp of flour
- 1 tube of Pillsbury Thin crust pizza dough
- 6 manila folders
- Tape or staples
- 6 10inch long foil sheets
For The Cones
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Take a manila folder and roll into a tight cone, securing the end with a staple or tape. Till will be covered with foil and protected from the heat so it won’t burn in the oven. Wrap the cone tightly with foul, covering the paper completely. Lightly grease the outside of the cone with cooking spray and set aside.
- Roll out pizza dough on a lightly floured surface, to keep it from sticking. With the long side facing you, cut 12 1 inch strips with a sharp knife or pizza slicer. Starting at the tip of the cone, wrap one strip around the bottom and continue working your way up, spiraling as you go. Make sure the dough touches the row below it. Continue with a second strip.
- Repeat 5 more times to make 6 cones.
- Place cones on a greased baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, rotating once, until dough is golden brown.
- Remove cones from the oven, let cool slightly, and then gently twist the foil cone to remove from the dough. Let cool.
For The Mac and Cheese
- Heat water in a stock pot and salt heavily. Once it starts boiling, cook macaroni for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large stock pot over medium heat, melt butter and add flour. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the flour is toasted. Add milk, whisking vigorously to eliminate lumps. Then add cheese, cream cheese, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add pasta and stir to combine. Let mac and cheese sit for 10 minutes.
- Fill each cone with mac and cheese and garnish with a big scoop of crumbled bacon.
Credit: Recipe by Pop Sugar / Photo by Disney
- Snow White Red Apple Crispy Treats To Make At Home! - June 17, 2021
- You Can Order A Virgin Mai Tai Frappuccino At Starbucks! - June 16, 2021
- Change Your Fate With These Brave Banana Cherry Teacakes! - June 15, 2021