The Lunar New Year celebrations have officially kicked off at Disneyland Resort. Now through February 18th visitors can celebrate the Year of the Dog with live entertainment, delicious treats, special character meet and greets and so much more!
Check out this video for a quick look at some of the colorful fun that awaits.
Here’s a quick list of the amazing activities you’ll find during this annual celebration:
- Hurry Home — Lunar New Year Celebration – A nighttime water show on Paradise Bay
- Lunar New Year Meet and Greets – Disney characters such as Mulan and her friend Mushu, along with Mickey Mouse and his pals, all dressed up for the occasion — including Goofy dressed as the God of Good Fortune
- Speciality Food Booths – Sample delectable Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese dishes.
- Lucky Wishing Wall – Make a wish for the year ahead.
- Mulan’s Lunar New Year Procession – Watch as Mulan and friends kick off this festive celebration.
- Traditional Arts and Crafts – Show off your handiwork with fun activities perfect for kids of all ages.
Be sure to bring a bit of extra spending money to the Lunar New Year celebration. Disney Parks Merchandise has collaborated with the Shanghai Disney Resort merchandise team to develop an impressive assortment of commemorative merchandise. The artwork features Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse along with Pluto. Products include everything from apparel to toys, home decor and accessories. Pick your favorites at Elias and Co. and at a special cart near Seaside Souvenirs at Disney California Adventure Park.
Keep following along with Chip and Co. for the latest news and updates regarding Disneyland Resort’s festive Lunar New Year celebration.
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Packages are currently available to book through until the end of 2018. Read below to find out how your can get your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Images copyright Disneyland.
Latest posts by Melissa Roden (see all)
- Disney Reveals New Featurette for “The Nutcracker and the Four Realms” - September 25, 2018
- Jack Skellington Chocolate Pinatas Have Arrived at The Ganachery in Disney Springs - September 24, 2018
- New Upstairs Dining Room and Pizza Window Coming to Naples Ristorante e Pizzeria - September 23, 2018