With all the renovations that have been done now is the time to consider staying at one of the seven Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels.
Featuring an ideal location in the Walt Disney World Resort, these seven Official Walt Disney World Hotels are within an easy walk to the significantly expanded and enhanced Disney Springs, formerly known as the Downtown Disney® area. The new name took effect September 29, 2015 in recognition of the transition to the one-of-a-kind, re-imagined Disney Springs, which features new shopping, dining and entertainment for your enjoyment. Inspired by Florida’s charming waterfront towns, historic architecture and natural beauty, Disney Springs is undergoing the largest expansion in Downtown Disney® history. When work is completed in mid-2016, Disney Springs will have expanded to more than 150 shopping, dining and entertainment venues, in four distinct outdoor neighborhoods, with a high-quality, diverse mix of retailers, entertainment, upscale restaurants, and casual dining options.
The resorts which are considered Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels:
- B Resort & Spa: the stylish resort opened in June 2014 with 394 newly renovated guest rooms. In November 2015 the resort opened the new American Kitchen Bar & Grill, which specializes in classic “comfort food” with contemporary ingredients and newly developed American cuisine recipes. In January 2016 the resort’s full-service B Indulged® AVEDA Spa added a new Nailae Station, a fun design-printing device that enables guests to customize their manicured nails to match your mood, outfit or whatever you want them to be. This is the first device of its kind in Florida.
- Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel: the 18-story resort, which overlooks scenic Lake Buena Vista and the Walt Disney World® Resort, completed the renovation of its 325 guest rooms in April 2014, and the renovation of its restaurants and lounge in November 2014.
- Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa: situated on 27 lush acres, just steps from Disney Springs, the 27-story hotel is nearing completion of a redesign that includes the guest rooms, lobby, restaurants, and the outdoor pool and recreation areas.
- DoubleTree Suites by Hilton: Orlando Lake Buena Vista — the luxurious and recently renovated resort hotel features 229 spacious suites, and is the only all-suite resort hotel in the Disney Springs Resort Area.
- Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista: just steps from Disney Springs, the resort offers two pools, a Disney Character Breakfast each Sunday, seven restaurants and lounges (including Andiamo Italian Bistro & Grille), a 24-hour Gourmet Marketplace, and a complimentary 24-hour fitness center. The hotel recently completed a large remodel of public spaces and guest rooms, and a $7 million renovation of the meeting space.
- Holiday Inn located in the Walt Disney World® Resort: offers the ideal setting to stay and play, featuring modern Florida décor and no resort fees.
- Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista: designed for the value-minded traveler, this resort has it all. The 19-story tower recently underwent a multi-million-dollar renovation with a spectacular new look and feel in the guest rooms, lobby, restaurants and lounge. Amenities include a Disney Character Breakfast 3 days a week, six dining options, the Oasis Aquatic Pool Playground with interactive water activities, fitness center, tennis, basketball, and sand volleyball.
Disney Springs already has many new offerings that are open, including the upscale nautically-themed waterfront restaurant The Boathouse (from the creator of T-Rex Café and Rainforest Café®), the elegant Morimoto Asia restaurant (specializing in pan-Asian cuisine, from Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto), the Indiana Jones-themed Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar, The Ganachery chocolate shop, Vivoli Il Gelato (serving Italian gelato and more, like its famous sister shop in Florence, Italy), Dockside Margaritas, Erin McKenna’s Bakery NYC (which specializes in gluten-free and vegan baked goods), and an expanded World of Disney store.
Planet Hollywood is being renovated and made over as a star-themed Planet Hollywood Observatory with a new outdoor terrace.
Other new high-profile dining tenants announced for Disney Springs include STK modern steakhouse restaurant; The Edison (a restaurant, bar, and club that is inspired by The Edison in Los Angeles, and themed to a 1920s-era power plant); Homecoming: Florida Kitchen and Southern Shine farm-to-fork restaurant by Celebrity Chef Art Smith; renowned Chef Rick Bayless’ Frontera Fresco restaurant, specializing in authentic Mexican cuisine; Sprinkles (cupcake bakery); and Blaze Fast-Fire’d Pizza (offering custom pizzas).
Also recently opened is Exposition Park, the permanent home to four Disney-owned food trucks, with delicious offerings from each of the Walt Disney World® Theme Parks.
There is a new five-level parking garage with 4,000 spaces, and the new Village Causeway which provides guests another path of travel through the area. A pedestrian bridge from the Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels to the Disney Springs area opened in November 2015, making it even easier for guests.
Almost a dozen shops also have recently opened:
Star Wars Galactic Outpost, Apex by Sunglass Hut, Chapel Hats, Havaianas sandals store, Sanuk (home of unique footwear), Sound Lion, and men’s grooming store The Art of Shaving.
New high-profile fashion retail tenants announced including; Zara, Tommy Bahama, Lilly Pulitzer, UNIQLO, UGG, PANDORA, Edward Beiner eyewear retailer, L’Occitaine en Provence natural beauty skincare
Additional opened at Disney Springs include:
AMC Movies at Disney Springs 24, The Art of Disney, Raglan Road Irish Pub and Restaurant, Build-A-Dino® by Build-A-Bear Workshop®, Disney Design-A-Tee, Disney’s Candy Cauldron, Disney’s Wonderful World of Memories, Fulton’s Crab House, House of Blues® (concert/live entertainment venue), Once Upon a Toy, Orlando Harley-Davidson (apparel and accessories), Pearl Factory, Starbucks® at Disney Springs Marketplace, and Shop for Ireland.
Are you ready to book? Contact me, my name is Karen Asaro I’m a travel agent with World of Magic Travel and a writer for Chip and Co and Disney Addicts. I visit Disney World as often as possible to keep up to date with the latest going on throughout the world, if I’m not there I am planning my next trip! Let me help you plan your next trip you can email me or visit me on facebook for all the latest info!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!