I grew up watching the original black and white TV show “The Lone Ranger” with my grandpa. He loved Westerns, so the show always made a regular appearance in the rotation of shows we watched as a family. Ahhh, those were the good ol’ days. Combine a classic western with one of my favorite actors, Johnny Depp, and you have a winning combination in my opinion. We didn’t get to see The Lone Ranger in theaters, so I’m really excited to see this when it’s released on Blu-Ray on December 17th. Plus, you can never have too much Johnny Depp! Be sure to pick up your copy when it’s released and check out the official press release below for more details.
Time is Ticking, the Tension is High, and the Ultimate Showdown Between Good and Evil is About to Explode
Johnny Depp and Armie Hammer star in The Lone Ranger, from Jerry Bruckheimer Films and Director Gore Verbinski. It’s a wild ride of high velocity action, explosions and gunfights that brings the famed masked legend to life through brand-new eyes. The Lone Ranger (Hammer), the last of his kind, teams with Tonto (Depp), a dark and mysterious vigilante, to seek vengeance after justice has failed them. It’s a runaway train of epic surprises, as these two unlikely heroes must learn to work together before the ultimate showdown between good and evil explodes.
Bonus Features Include:
- Blooper Reel (BD, DVD & Select Digital Retailers Only)
- Deleted Scene (BD & Select Digital Retailers Only)
- Riding The Rails Of The Lone Ranger (BD & Select Digital Retailers Only) – For the production of the movie, director Gore Verbinski had a five mile oval track built along with multiple engines and cars. See the incredible effort that went into crafting such a detailed and important part of The Lone Ranger.
- Armies’s Western Road Trip (BD & Select Digital Retailers Only) – Armie Hammer (The Lone Ranger) takes viewers on a tour of the scenic locations the production shot in as we see and learn more about the amazing places he went to become The Lone Ranger.
- Becoming A Cowboy (BD & Select Digital Retailers Only) – Before the cast began shooting the film, they had to learn how to shoot a gun…and ride a horse. In this piece we follow the cowboy (and cowgirl) cast to boot camp, where they got a chance to experience what their characters would really be living like in the Wild West.
Rating: PG-13 For Sequences Of Intense Action and Violence, and Some Suggestive Material
Feature Run Time: 2 hrs. 29 min.
Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
Audio: Dolby Digital Surround Sound
Languages: English, French & Spanish