Disney Chef Kevin Downing is sharing with us the recipe from the delicious soup and taking us with him inside the kitchen as he prepares the tasty dish.
Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup from Le Cellier
- 1/2 pound of bacon cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 3 celery ribs cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3 cups of chicken stock
- 4 cups of milk
- 1 pound of white cheddar cheese grated
- 1 tbsp of Tabasco sauce
- 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup of warm Canadian golden lager or any pale lager-style beer
- Coarse salt, freshly ground pepper to taste
- Chopped scallions or chives to garnish
- In a 4 or 5 quart Dutch over, cook bacon, stirring over medium hear for about 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add red onion, celery and butter and sauté until onion has softened about 5 minutes.
- Add flour and cook, stirring constantly, for about 4 minutes over medium hear. Whisk in chicken stock and bring to boil for 1 minute. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add milk and continue to simmer for 15 minutes. Do not boil after is added.
- Remove from heat and add cheese, Tabasco sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Blend with immersion blender until cheese is melted and soup is smooth. Stir in warm beer. If the soup is too thick, thin with some warm milk or pale lager-style beer.
- Serve soup hot and garnished with chopped scallions or chives.
Credit: Disney Parks
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Adorable Minnie Mouse Pastel Grilled Cheese You Can Make At Home! - March 3, 2021
- These Rapunzel Donuts Are The Best Treat Ever! - March 3, 2021
- Welcome Springtime With This Delicious Mickey Bark! - March 2, 2021