Tomorrow is national strawberry day! Surprise your family with these adorable Toy Story Chocolate Covered Strawberries!
A berry delicious treat that everyone will love! They are super easy to make, plus you don’t have to recreate all the characters, you can pick your favorite ones! Make them your own.
Just follow this recipe from Disney Family and have fun!
TOY STORY CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRIES
- 10 strawberries
- 1/3 cup each of melted dipping chocolate in yellow, white, dark blue, purple, brown, sky blue and green
- 1 tbsp of vanilla cookie crumbs
- 1 tbsp of blue sugar sprinkles
- 2 tbsp each of fondant, in white, pink, turquoise, red, yellow, green and brown
- 3 mini yellow confetti sprinkles
- 1 drop of brown food coloring
- 2 tbsp each of icing in red, black, and white
- Small rolling pin
- Paring knife
- Large spoon
- Piping bags fitted with #1 and #3 tips
- Small decorating brush
- Dip the strawberries in the dipping chocolate and place on parchment paper to set.
- Dip 2 berries in yellow, 2 in white, 1 in dark blue, 1 in purple, 1 in brown, 1 in sky blue, 1 in tan (mix white chocolate with brown food coloring) and 1 in green.
- After it has set, drizzle one of the yellow strawberries with more yellow chocolate. Before the tan chocolate sets, sprinkle it with cookie crumbs. Before the sky blue chocolate sets, sprinkle it with blue sugar sprinkles.
- Create Bo’s details using white, pink and turquoise fondant. Use a toothpick, rolling pin, straw and paring knife as tools to shape the fondant.
- For the 3 white flowers, use a toothpick to create petal impressions. Attach a yellow mini confetti sprinkle in the center of each flower.
- Create Woody’s details using red, yellow, brown and green fondant. Use the toothpick to draw a longhorn image on the yellow belt buckle.
- Create Woody’s hat from brown fondant. Attach a dented oval of fondant to the center of a flat rolled oval. Use a knife to cut little grooves into the hat’s trim. To shape, place the hat into a large spoon to dry. Paint a dark band around the base of the top portion of the hat.
- Create Bo’s bow from a strip of rolled pink fondant. Use a knife to create line patterns on the fondant “ribbon,” then cut a small piece off of the end. Tuck both ends under until they meet. Then wrap the cut piece around the center to create a bow.
- Use the red icing (in a piping bag fitted with a #3 tip) to draw criss-cross marks on the plain yellow strawberry.
- Using the black icing (in a piping bag fitted with a #3 tip) draw black spots on the white strawberry, and also to write “Bonnie” on the brown boot strawberry.
- Use a small brush and dabs of white icing to paint faint, denim-like streaks on the dark blue strawberry.
- Use white icing (in a piping bag fitted with a #1 tip) to pipe Bo’s top design on the blue strawberry and string detail on her staff and button.
- Attach the fondant details on the strawberries using small dabs of white icing. Serve immediately or chill in the fridge.
Credit: Disney Family
- This Buzz Lightyear Frappuccino Will Take To Infinity And Beyond! - April 13, 2021
- Disneyland Paris Castle Cake Recipe In Honor Of Its 29th Anniversary! - April 12, 2021
- New Vanilla Orange Slushy Float Now Available At Disney Springs! - April 12, 2021