As noted earlier today, Disney Publishing is kicking off the school year with an exciting app sale! All Disney Learning apps will be only $1.99 on the App Store (orig. $4.99) from August 29th – September 12th! One of the apps on sale is Learn Chinese: Toy Story 3 (introduction to basic Mandarin).
Learn Chinese: Toy Story 3 presents a whole new way to learn a foreign language with this read-along app based on the international teaching method Diglot Weave. Start learning Chinese with this engaging, story-driven app! Disney’s proven language program is now on the iPad with interactive features, endless replay and classic Toy Story 3 characters! You don’t have to know a single word in Chinese—this app actually teaches you while you’re having fun.
Kids experience the excitement of Toy Story 3 with Buzz and Woody while gradually transforming it from English to a story they understand in Chinese and Pinyin, mixing the new with the known by playing with 5 progressive levels of the story:
Level 1. English only
Level 2. Beginning Chinese/Pinyin (25%)
Level 3. Intermediate (50% Chinese/Pinyin)
Level 4. Advanced (75% Chinese/Pinyin)
Level 5. 100% Chinese/Pinyin
This innovative app is the first in a series of carefully leveled stories that combine Disney magic with proven language learning methods.
Demo Video: http://youtu.be/qL03PXdSKnA
- Interactive translation, audio and a recording tool empower you to discover a new language and learn at your own pace.
- Hear each word in both languages individually pronounced.
- If you forget a word, flick it into the translator.
- Record yourself and compare your pronunciation to the narrator.
- Play with Chinese and English, comparing vocabulary and eventually grammar.
- Reinforce learning by using a pronunciation guide and glossary composed of English, Pinyin, and Chinese characters.
- Learn the tones of Chinese using a Pinyin and audio tutorial.
- Master more than 100 words, comparable to one term of language learning!
Fun with Learning:
- Toy Story 3 delivers the imaginative world you already know and can now enjoy in 100 interactive, language learning pages.
- Rewards from Toy Story 3 friends cheer you on as you progress from English to Chinese.
- Playful interactive features with endless repeat playability encourage practice, practice, practice!
- Beautiful illustrations support language learning.
- Intended for ages 7 to adult or younger than 7 with a parent.
- Based on the proven pedagogical approach to language learning called Diglot Weave—for the first time in an app!
- Supervised by Dr. Ji Yuhua, a renowned scholar and the pioneer of this method of language learning in China.
- Benefit from the experience of more than 30 years of best-selling language learning products from Disney and the award-winning language program of Disney English.
- $4.99 – ON SALE FOR $1.99 on the App Store from August 29th – September 12th
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jul 12, 2012
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 146 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Disney Publishing Worldwide Applications
- © 2012 Disney/Pixar
- Rated 4+
- Requirements: Compatible with iPad.Requires iOS 3.2 or later
Jodi Whisenhunt’s MAGICAL MOUSE SCHOOLHOUSE: Learn While You Play at Walt Disney World Resort is now available in print and can be purchased at Amazon, Barnes & Noble and CreateSpace. (Kindle version also available!) Come, think outside the textbook and stretch the walls of your home classroom with Walt Disney entertainment!
- Disney to Back to School App Sale Happening Now! (chipandco.com)