LA County, home of Universal Studios Hollywood, has issued a new stay-at-home order that will go into effect Monday, November 30. The new restrictions will last for three weeks. The five-day average of new COVID-19 cases hit 4,751 Friday causing the county to issue the order.
“Residents are advised to stay home as much as possible and always wear a face covering over their nose and mouth when they are outside their household and around others,” the county Department of Public Health said.
This new order also prohibits all public and private gatherings with individuals not in the same household, except for religious services and protests. There are also new occupancy limits on businesses.
The occupancy limits are as follows:
- Essential retail stores are capped at 35% of maximum occupancy, and nonessential retail, such as indoor malls, personal care services and libraries, at 20%.
- Outdoor fitness centers, museums, galleries, zoos, aquariums, botanical gardens, mini-golf, batting cages and outdoor go-kart racing are capped at 50%.
- Golf courses, tennis courts, pickleball, archery ranges, skate parks, bike parks and community gardens remain open for individuals or members of a single household. Swimming pools that serve more than one household may open only for regulated lap swimming.
- Drive-in movie venues remain open. Cardrooms are closed.
Restaurants in LA County were already forced to suspend outdoor dining leaving only take-out dining. Restaurant owners are obviously not happy with this decision.
This new stay-at-home order is sure to affect many businesses including those at Universal Studios Hollywood’s CityWalk.
Hopefully, the pandemic can get under control soon so people can return to work.
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- California Governor lifts stay at home order for Disneyland & SoCal - January 25, 2021
- Olu Mel now greeting guests at Disney’s Aulani Resort & Spa - January 24, 2021
- Disneyland working on NEW Membership Program - January 24, 2021