Guests at Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa, head to Makahiki for breakfast and dinner, where the buffet stretches with dozens of global tastes. At breakfast, you can have all-American eggs and toast, or a taste of the islands with miso soup with dried seaweed and pickled vegetables. The dinner buffet is equally interesting, from fresh seafood to roast chicken, fried noodles, nishime (Japanese vegetable stew) and roasted veggies.
The new a la carte dinner menu is a nice combo of tastes, from a classic Caesar salad to pork and vegetable spring rolls and a simple shrimp cocktail for starters. Entrée standouts include amazing island-style barbecue pork ribs, a half-pound Angus bacon cheeseburger, and country fried chicken with mashed potatoes. You still can get a curry bowl with chicken and steamed white rice, or teriyaki-grilled salmon with Japanese noodles, but most of the dinner choices are more mainstream, such as bow-tie pasta with veggies and creamy basil pesto or a rib-eye steak with roasted red potatoes and creamed spinach.
Kids get a choice of cheese or pepperoni pizzas, pasta or chicken. And for sweet endings, sip a cup of Kona press pot coffee and eat a New York-style cheesecake with fruit sauce, Hawaiian chocolate cake or apple pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Sit back, relax…ahhhh, that’s vacation.
- Guest Review: Aulani Eats and Off-Site Treats (disneyfoodblog.com)
- Win a Vacation of a Lifetime to Aulani Disney Resort & Spa in “John Carter: Journey to Aulani Sweepstakes” (chipandco.com)
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- List of Holiday Kitchens at the EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays - October 15, 2021
- Holiday Kitchen, Cookie Stroll, and more returning to EPCOT Festival of the Holidays - October 15, 2021
- Celebrity Narrators Return to Epcot’s Candlelight Processional - October 15, 2021