The grand opening of Disney’s Jungle Navigation Co. Ltd. Skipper Canteen Restaurant is on December 16th. Many guests had the opportunity to enjoy this restaurant early due to a soft opening yesterday. While not taking Advanced Dining Reservations quite yet they do offer a walk up text when they are ready service. Which is a great idea considering the wait has been over 60 minutes.
Here is a first look of the menu at this fun sit down restaurant!
If you are unable to read the items above here they are:
S.E.A. Shu Mai
– A legendary blend of Pork, Shrimp, Mung Beans, and Spices wrapped in Gyoza Skin then steamed $10
– Classic Egyptian Salad consisting of a mix of Hearts of Romaine, Green Peppers, Cherry Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Parsley, and Ambasha Bread tossed with Garlic $9
Falls Family Falafel
– A secret recipe of Chick Peas, Garlic, Onions, Lemon Juice, and Herbs served with White Bean Dip and Tomato-Cucumber Salad $8
Amazon Annie’s House-made Arepas
– A trip down the Amazon with Slow-cooked Beef, Black Beans, Tostones, and Queso Fresco $9.50
Ginger Grog of Hot and Sour Soup
– Flavored with ginger “not the crocodile” garlic, soy sauce, and rice wine vinegar finished with fresh egg, tofu, and wood ear mushrooms $7.50
Sustainable Fish Collar
– Broiled Collar served with a green papaya salad and yurt-soy sauce $11
Rice Noodle Bowl
– Pho Broth served with choice of Chicken, Duck Breast, or Tofu served with Jalapeños and mix of fresh Herbs. Duck $23, Chicken 422, Tofu $20.
Grilled Lamb Chops
– Seasoned with a North African Berber Style Spice Blend served with green lentils stew $25
A Lot of Steak Salad
– We’re betting it all on this Thai-marinated Flank Steak tossed with Hearts of Romaine, Carrots, Red Peppers, Cucumbers, Red Onions, and Cherry Tomatoes with Asian Dressing $18
Char Shiu Pork
– Marinated Grilled Pork Tenderloin Medallions served with Chinese Broccoli and choice of Five-gran or White Rice $23
Curried Vegetable Crew Stew
– Served with Roasted Acorn Squash, Lentils, and Sautéed Collard Greens $17
Skip’s Mac and Cheese
– A typical Egyptian dish consisting of Spiced Ground Beef, Pasta, Béchamel Sauce, served with Broccoli $19
Trader Sam’s Head-On Shrimp
– Sustainable Local Farm Raised Shrimp tossed in a Chili-Garlic Sauce and served with Chinese Broccoli and choice of Five-grain or White rice $25
– “Not Piranha” served over Chinese Broccoli, Carrots, Shiitake Mushrooms, and Red Bell Peppers in a fragrant Lemon Grass Broth (Market price)
“Tastes Like Chicken Because It Is!”
– Marinated Grilled Chicken Breast served with Stir-fried vegetables, Shiitake Fried Rice, and Hoisin Sauce $23
Dr. Falls’ Signature Grilled Steak
– Strip Loin Asado marinated in Sofrito and served with Yuca Planks, Avocado, and House-made Chimichurri $23
Sugar-crusted Congee Pudding
– Caramelized Custard with Millet, Almonds, Apricot, Dates, and Honey-Almond Tuile $8
Coconut Bar with Pineapple-Basil Compote and Vanilla Cream
– Vanilla Chiffon Cake with Coconut and Lime–White Chocolate Ganache $8
Bertha’s Banh Bong Lan Cake with Mango Lime Sorbet
– Vanilla Chiffon Cake soaked with Lemon Grass-Ginger syrup $8
– An African-inspired chocolate cake with caramelized banana served with cashew-caramel ice cream topped with coffee dust $8
The Disney Dining Plan is accepted, as well as Tables in Wonderland discounts.
I can’t wait to dine here. If you have already eaten here let us know what you think in the comment box below!
Special thank you to Rachel Carl for sharing her photos with us!
This site contains affiliate links to products on Etsy, ShopDisney and Amazon. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.