Beloved Academy Award-winning actress, singer and bestselling children’s book author Julie Andrews, in collaboration with Target and The Walt Disney Company, introduce the first annual National Princess Week. During this enchanting week-long event, taking place April 22-28, children across the country are invited to celebrate the sparkle and wonder of every princess – real, aspiring or imagined.
“Throughout my career as an actress and author, I’ve encouraged children to use their imaginations and dream big,” said Julie Andrews. “Joining Disney and Target to create National Princess Week is an extension of my work – a moment in time for children to celebrate their individuality and let their inner sparkle shine.”
Throughout National Princess Week, Target will showcase a variety of products designed to engage every princess, including:
- 10th Anniversary release of a very special two-movie collection featuring two modern-day fairy tales, “The Princess Diaries” and “The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement” – starring Julie Andrews and Anne Hathaway, and available for the first time ever on Blu-ray™.
- Target guests will also find Julie Andrews’ “The Very Fairy Princess: Here Comes the Flower Girl!” co-authored with her daughter, Emma Walton Hamilton, and published by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers. It is the latest publication in their critically-acclaimed No. 1 New York Times best-selling “The Very Fairy Princess” children’s franchise. The book follows a little girl, Geraldine, through her adventures readying for her aunt’s wedding and the magic that happens when she helps others.
- Fans of Disney’s beloved princess characters will find an array of themed merchandise at Target stores and Target.com. Items include Blu-rays, books, toys, bedroom décor, games and more, inspired by Disney’s classic animated films including “Beauty and The Beast,” “The Princess and The Frog,” and “Tangled,”starting at just $5. Guests can view the full selection of products by visiting Target.com/Princess.
“Disney and Julie Andrews have inspired the imaginations of generations of children and families,” said Casey Carl, Target’s senior vice president. “We’re excited to bring that magic to Target guests everywhere and offer them an opportunity to create a princess experience through rereleased Blu-rays, books, toys and other merchandise.”
- Souvenirs: Women’s Vintage Disney Princess Tops (aglassslippervacation.com)
- iPad Review: Disney Princesses A Royal Christmas (chipandco.com)
- Actor Ned Beatty voice of Lotso from Toy Story 3 has passed away - June 13, 2021
- Disney Cast Members Celebrate the reopening of the Wilderness Lodge! - June 13, 2021
- Gossip: Are Fireworks returning to Disney World? - June 10, 2021