Disney’s Port Orleans French Quarter is one of those Disney Resorts that — at least for our family — takes our breath away every time we visit. POFQ is a Moderate priced resort, so it’s a little more expensive than the Value resorts, but not as expensive as a Deluxe resort. POFQ is the sister resort to the other Port Orleans Resort — Riverside, which is just a short distance away. Let’s take a look at the Pros and Cons for staying at this resort!
- Port Orleans French Quarter is the smallest resort on Disney Property. This is a huge bonus for us, because the moment we walk through the doors it just seems like time slows down for us.
- As it’s name suggests, POFQ is based on the French Quarter section of New Orleans. The first time we stayed at POFQ was in August, 2009, and after we got home, we went to see The Princess and the Frog. Let me tell you, the first time I saw that movie I felt like I had been transformed into POFQ on Disney property!
- POFQ is one of the Downtown Disney resorts, and as such, has a great water taxi that takes you down the lazy Sassagoula River to DTD. You can also ride up the river to Port Orleans Riverside.
- The pool at POFQ is quite nice, and has a fun slide. Also, you can pool hop between POFQ and POR.
- The food court at POFQ is nice, and serves beignets!
- You can get a carriage ride between the French Quarter and Riverside resorts.
- All amenities for Riverside are included in the French Quarter rooms, and vice versa, so you can head up to Riverside and enjoy the catch and release fishing!
- Unfortunately, POFQ only has the Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory Food Court for dining options. If you want a table service meal, you’ll need to head up to Riverside to enjoy that.
- What my family enjoys about POFQ — it’s quiet nature — may not be a benefit in everyone’s mind. If you are looking for a more upbeat tempo to your vacation, you might want to choose a different resort.
- Your Disney transportation options are either the buses or the water taxi to DTD. Sorry, no monorail stops here!
My family loves Port Orleans French Quarter. I highly recommend it, and hope you will stay there if you haven’t already!
- Is Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort for You? (chipandco.com)
- The View from Room 5225, 37 Days Til Disney! (mydreamsofdisney.com)
- Port Orleans French Quarter – a Perfect WDW Getaway Spot For Adults (chipandco.com)