A lot of iPad magazine news today…Meredith Corp. just announced it is introducing the first iPad editions for Better Homes and Gardens, Parents and Fitness magazines.
Disney FamilyFun magazine (5.5 Million readers) also just announced that it is the *first* outlet to adopt a new digital publishing system on the iPad, developed by leading developers Texterity and The Wonderfactory.
The new digital platform is expected to revolutionize the magazine industry, making digital publishing on the iPad a heck of a lot easier and accessible (think high-end Blogspot or WordPress for magazines).
Below are more details:
- The new Texterity publishing system is a smart business decision at this time in the industry — a scalable, yet affordable solution that will grow with editorial, consumer, and advertising needs. It delivers cutting-edge interactive features and design in a feature-packed, engaging format.
- Texterity and The Wonderfactory have taken the high end design and interactive functionality of the best customized solutions and have made it affordable for all magazines — raising the bar, but not the cost.
- Other magazines, including travel guides and major consumer magazines, are expected to follow suit in 2011 and will begin migrating to this design following the FamilyFun launch.
- Recognizing the importance of the digital space for reaching moms, several brands have already signed on as advertisers in FamilyFun’s new mobile magazine app. Nissan will use this platform to introduce the all-new 2011 Nissan Quest.
- The new publishing system has all the mom-friendly tools and engaging multimedia features that lets the FamilyFun editors bring high-tech utility to the high-touch world of moms. FamilyFun’s content is brought to life through interactive slideshows, videos of recipes and family activities, 360-degree views of craft projects, bookmarking features, and social media sharing tools.
- Disney FamilyFun Magazine Now Available on iPad (chipandco.com)
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Pog Juice returns to Disney’s Polynesian Resort - September 6, 2021
- Disney World 50th Anniversary Bus spotted at Walt Disney World - September 6, 2021
- Disney’s Polynesian Resort Monorail Station is now in operation - September 5, 2021