Oh boy! Now you can make your own Disney tie dye shirts!
But the true inspiration for this tie dye tutorial comes from the Walt Disney World Ambassador Stephen, who recently shared a photo with his followers on Instagram of a DIY Mickey tie dye shirt, so of course everyone started to asking for a tutorial to make their own shirts at home, so here it is!
- White t-shirts
- Rubber bands (16 small and 32 large)
- Bucket of ice water
- Tie Dye Kit
- Plastic Wrap
- Mickey outline (You can find it here)
- Paper towels
- Ziploc bags (large)
- Step 1: Place a shirt flat down on the table
- Step 2: Place the Mickey outline inside the shirt to be traced. With a piece of chalk, trace the entire Mickey head and remove once completed.
- Step 3: Grab a small rubber band and pinch the center of one of Mickey’s ears. Pull the top layer of the shirt up and tie the rubber band around the chalk line to form Mickey’s ear. Repeat with the other ear.
- Step 4: Follow the same process for Mickey’s head, pinching in the center of his head, pulling the top layer of the shirt up, and tying the rubber band around the chalk line.
- Step 5: Once these steps are complete, tightly place a rubber band about two inches down from Mickey’s head. Continue adding rubber bands no more then two inches apart until reaching the end of the shirt.
- Step 6: Now put on rubber gloves and place the shirt in a bucket of water, completely soaking the shirt. Pull out the shirt, then wring out as much water as possible.
- Step 7: To begin tie dying, find the Mickey and tie dye the three sections (two ears and head) the same color, preferably a darker option.
- Step 8: For the next section, choose a different color. Continue tie dying each section in any preferred pattern, ensuring the dye has gotten to the middle layers of the shirt.
- Step 9: After completing the tie dye, wrap the shirt in plastic wrap and place in a Ziploc bag, waiting at least 24 hours before unwrapping.
- Step 10: Using gloves, remove all the rubber bands and rinse the shirt out in a sink or tub to wash away the excess dye. Wash your tie-dyed shirt in a washing machine completely alone or with other tie-dye items in cold water. You can use laundry detergent if you want. Once items are washed and dried, they can be cycled with normal laundry.
And done! Now you can create cool outfits with your Mickey Mouse tie dye shirt!
You can also check out the “How to” video to see exactly how to make it!
Credit: Disney Parks Blog
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- Delicious Naan Bread With Cucumber Raita Recipe From Sanaa! - July 31, 2021
- Carthay Circle Fried Biscuits From Disney California Adventure To Make At Home! - July 30, 2021
- Delicious Curry Sausage Corn Dog From Harambe Market Recipe! - July 30, 2021